Sign in to follow this  
Mark Gillespie

F19 Verses Minelab 705 With High Freq Coil

I've wondered for years about how the F19 would compare to the Minelab 705 with the high frequency coil?

Love to read anything on this topic.

Thanks.

:smile:

I found the First Texas 19 kHz models and the X-Terra 705 to be near identical in their respective all metal Prospecting modes. Both are a little weak on silver coins compared to top coin detectors. Great on mid to low conductors. The X-Terra 705 by comparison to the F19 is a feature rich detector especially as regards tone and notching options.

9 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I found the First Texas 19 kHz models and the X-Terra 705 to be near identical in their respective all metal Prospecting modes. Both are a little weak on silver coins compared to top coin detectors. Great on mid to low conductors. The X-Terra 705 by comparison to the F19 is a feature rich detector especially as regards tone and notching options.

I have always been drawn to the tones of the Minelab machines.  I loved my Etrac, but it became to heavy for the long hunts so I had to part with it.  Hope the Equinox has similar tone capabilities.  :laugh:

11 hours ago, Mark Gillespie said:

I have always been drawn to the tones of the Minelab machines.  I loved my Etrac, but it became to heavy for the long hunts so I had to part with it.  Hope the Equinox has similar tone capabilities.  :laugh:

Going by the tones i heard on Youtube the Equinox has similar tones to the Terra 705 . 

As for the Terra 705 , that depends if you detect land , dry beach or wet beach ? 

I used the 705 for over 6 years till early this year , i know that something was coming a couple of years ago but didn't know when . 

But the 705 for me was a very good machine , i didn't use it on land sites . I found it a bit weak for that and the ET or Explorer is much better for relic hunting .

But on the dry beach looking for coinage or rings it is a very good machine , since January 2011 i have had 14 Gold and many Silver rings and close to 5 figures in coinage with the 705 . I think its because its a good machine in air test and beaches on the dry tend to be airy , i search stony and some sandy beaches .

Never used the F19 but that is a high frequency machine which the 705 is not unless buying the 18 khz coil , i stayed with the 7.5 khz.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By rob baum
      i've been looking all around for a target id chart for raw metals for my x-terra 705.  all i've been able to find is ones listing coins and when i try to look up what material the coins are to cross reference them, they all seem to be made primarily of copper.  if anyone have suggestions what these might be or another target id chart out there i would appreciate it. 
    • By bado1
      Detected an old ranch that was built in 1926 with my X-Terra 70. I chose the 6"-3kHz coil as it was VERY trashy. My first good signal was a very strong high tone in all directions with the VID #s up in the silver dollar range in the front yard. A large chunk of heavy metal comes out of the hole. I thought it was a chunk of lead, although it was oddly colored for lead, and it rang up higher than lead on the X-Terra. In the pouch it went. My next good target was a 1943-s "War Nickel", then another chunk of heavy metal. Didn't hunt long but I have permission to go back. After I got home I gave the heavy metal chunks a little cleaning and realized that they weren't lead after all.

The two chunks after a rinse off.

The larger one just didn't look like old lead and is a dark grey-blue color and is not soft like lead. I dipped it in a liquid metal cleaner and, wow! It came out a nice bright silver color! It turned back to it's original color as it air dried (should have rinsed it off). I took it to the garage to the buffing wheel and briefly hit the edge of it...

Buffed up nicely. Weighs 2.70 ounces. Appears to be a silver pour.

The second chunk looks more like a slag/first pour than the first one and is mostly copper mixed with what appears to be silver and possibly some gold...

Weighs .50 ounce.

This ranch is just down the road from what was once a bustling copper mining town and is now a ghost town. The mine has recently been re-claimed and the town/mine area is now closed to the public. I'm guessing that the people who lived at the ranch may have worked at the mine and brought these pours  home?  

Dean
    • By Steve Herschbach
      X-Terra 705 was $729 now $600
      X-Terra 505 was $549 now $439
      X-Terra 305 was $399 now $329
      That is a killer price on the 705 and 505 in particular. Good deal but the question is why? Just to boost sales? Or new models on the way?
    • By spencer@wy
      Ok guys, i am in need of more input. i own fors and gmt amd vsat. i havent had chance to use 705 yet. i have very little time on any given machine as well.
      terrain- small gold, med to high hot rocks, b.i.f.,
      Trying to narrow down primary candidate.
      Could golden hawk b in running?
      Dad has gb 2 its not going anywhere soon.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      I was doing some Googling and tripped over this October 2006 article by Des Dunne. Des is an extremely knowledgeable detectorist who used to work with Minelab and had a key role to play in several models. Good stuff, print it out or copy to your computer before this external link disappears someday.
      http://www.minelabowners.com/xterratips.pdf

Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold metal detector