It is not what you think.

MAN = Maximum Amount of Nothing

This is a tough year.  I think the worst I have ever had on the beaches.

I went out today on Zuma Beach (another Big Beach) and I got a Maximum Amount of Nothing (MAN)!  It took me about an hour and I only started digging one target at 12 inches.  I took a couple of scoops and it went total iron and I stopped and soon I left the beach.  It is there (good targets) or it is not.  If it is not then time to leave.

Mitchel

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drillerdave said:

Mitchel, 

When you got there, Paul was just driving away with all the treasures he found with his new 3030.

Dave,

That is sometimes what it takes to find the good stuff.  A guy without a clue who is looking in the 'wrong' places and he comes home with the goodies!

Some of us (me included) know too much.

Have you ever seen the new fisherman catch the biggest or most fish and they don't know what they are doing?

Skill and frequency will win out in the long run.

Mitchel

Excuse me.......! Just found this the other day,

1929 Centenary of Western Australia Medal(Coin)...really BIG!.

These were made in 5 x variations to my knowledge,Gold ,Silver,Bronze(Dutch Gold) Copper and a Lacquered copper patina finish,put out by the Perth Mint.

Absolutely stocked...really big ,heavy and this one BRONZE ,weighting about 33 grams from memory and 4mm thick.

Anyways thought it best to end on a positive as we ve all been there in lean times.

Chin up fellas .

Ps Pic Alongside an Australian 20cent coin for size reference.

Hope you like.

Ash

IMG_6248.JPG

IMG_6244.JPG

IMG_6245.JPG

IMG_6241.JPG

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad to report that this storm has changed the beaches in Los Angeles County.  It is not great but more fun than before the storm.

I don't know what this thin little piece is.  Maybe something off a bracelet? 

The watch is 2 hours off our time so probably from a surfer from Arizona!

Mitchel

IMG_8981.JPG

IMG_8982.JPG

• Like 3

I was going to hit Ventura on Wednesday but decided to stay at home and play in the dirt. I probably left all the gold rings for the beginner I saw at the beach last week.