Pro-Find Problem With Salt Water?

A.M

20 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

A hot pinpointer will have problems in salt water just like a hot detector. Did you lower the sensitivity level?

I notice Minelab mentions beach and waterproof but not salt water specifically in their literature.

YES,  other than the PI, they all seem to have issues of some level.

But I found that unless I lowered to  1 or 2  (low end) the moment it touched sloppy wet salty sand it would go off.   At 1 or 2 it was OK, but the field strength of the PF35 at that low level of sensitivity is useless...

Nothing worse that a beach scoop and a hole that keeps filling in with wet sloppy sand but the target is still there.  But a PinPointer can help to know if it is the front/back or side...   Not going to help when your wading or deeper, but with sloppy sand and salt water a good pinpointer can save a lot of frustration.   CTX3030 and 17" coil at low tide on a Queensland surf beach, and any number of variables can shift the pinpoint off a bit...  So I like to have a pin pointer at hand... 

I did try a GB with the probe tip touching the damp and dry sand, but no better.  However  I did see a comment that you have to GB with the probe tip in the salt water ??????   Will have to try...

See video.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/xaigh788b2f9aaa/20171206_165141.mp4?dl=0

Note:  
PF35 sound at 30cm is approx 65db at 50cm 55db and at 5cm 78db

Profind 25 at 30 58db 50cm 46 at 5cm 47db

So some good improvements at 50cm being arms length..