Equinox First Gold Nugget Photos

33 minutes ago, Odanscoils said:

Hello Gentlemen an LadyTesters,,

Now that the bird has flown the coop. And the Equinox has landed in many Happy Nests. 

Wouldn’t you agree with me. It’s about time for Minelab to cut you loose from your NDA’s !

I for one would love to know the settings used here on that purty gold ? And explanations of why those settings were used.

I know all involved with the testing are most certainly tired of  questions like these. Please excuse my persistence . It’s just the machine is no longer a secret. What is there to hide?

I wish to thank all involved in the testing and final faze updating information of this fine new Evolution in Metal Detecting  Technology!!!

Thank You for Your Time

Terry

Hi Terry,

I have reported the Gold Mode settings I used...

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/5102-my-first-equinox-gold-nuggets/

So I am not sure about the secrecy thing but perhaps you were referring to JP since he started this thread.

Thanks Steve. And your correct, I kept seeing an alluding to sometime in the future.  

Will be reading your posts in Ernest as Always. 

Thank You for all You do!

Terry

• Thanks 1

On 12/18/2017 at 12:15 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

No disrespect to JP but I was thinking nuggets that large are not a huge challenge for the Equinox. :wink:

I agree with steve.Those nuggets at a bit of depth with some minerilazation is what i want to see ....please.!

JP did get those small bits at depth in Australian soil. That was me just tweaking a friend! :smile:

Everyone says they hate hype so I have been underselling the capability of the Equinox in nearly all regards. Part of the fun of the intro has been sitting back and letting people discover this machine for themselves. I think Equinox will end up displacing most single frequency gold nugget detectors eventually but it may take a model make specifically for prospecting for that to really happen, or at least some coils made specifically for the purpose. The power is there for sure, Multi-IQ is really powerful. Just mind my caveat - it is not a GPX 5000 or a GPZ 7000. However when it comes to weight and price that’s not entirely a bad thing.

When it comes to gold in Australian soil however I have learned to never speak for Aussies so I can promise JP will be saying a lot more on the subject soon. Just hang in there folks!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

No point starting a whole new thread for 1 pic of some gold - hope it is alright to attach it to the end of this thread JP?   Found with an Equinox 800 in Gold Mode 1 in amongst some trash next to a relatively large old timers hole.  Essentially right on top and an easily found target but I honestly probably wouldn't have found it without a VLF.  So much trash around I doubt that I would've persevered with a PI.   

Smack on 1 gram  🙂

CEA89B51-33CB-4865-B46A-80C2CB4DA903.jpeg

C9D3869C-095F-4346-A541-4B42AAC2AD9C_4_5005_c.jpeg

• Like 4