Why Do You Want An Equinox?

Cabo Chris

There sure seems to be lots of Interest in the Minelab Equinox.  Everyone wants one, even at $900.  I want an Equinox for Caribbean shallow water hunting because traveling with 2 would be easy.  My intent would be to replace my Excaliburs and 3030... that's only if the NOX performs in the sea to my expectations.  I also want a NOX for dry sand hunting for gold jewelry at night on my trips.

So why do you want an Equinox and what detectors might it replace?

First off the #1 reason I want an Equinox is because I love to detect. If a $900 machine can help me enjoy this hobby/lifestyle even more than it's pennies on the dollar as far as I'm concerned. It won't replace any of my detectors as I don't intend to sell any of my 3 to get the Equinox as mine is already paid for. If it is half as good as promised I think we'll have a winner. 

• Like 1

Chris

I don’t need anything! The thing is I don’t have one and that is my reason for wanting it. When I got to have a reason I’ll quit detecting.

Most of you were still in your diaper when I started detecting. Put my first together from a kit in 65 and got my first White’s in 66.

I note some came along near that time but they still got baby fat. Me I just got fat and old plus got a face only a mother could love.

I don’t know about the rest of you but I’m going to have a ball playing with it. I’ll be happier than a new Rooster in a hen home when I get it.

Chuck

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Chris.  I had 3 detectors for the last few years, and sold all but my MX Sport this summer (sold v3i and racer) to really focus on a single detector.  Have been having good luck with the MX Sport, but the weight is becoming more of an issue for long hunts...plus some of the old fields/homesites are loaded with trash so a faster recovery would be welcome. When I saw the Equinox the weight really was a big factor, plus it seems fast...and is still waterproof like my MX Sport.  My hope is that it is at least as good as my current detector with fast recovery and light weight. Even if it has a few issues early on...with usb firmware updates...I plan to keep if for the long term and learn it well.

I want one to replace my broken SE Pro.

mn --

I can relate to a "broken SE Pro!"

What happened to yours?

Steve

I want one because my money is burning a hole in my pocket and at my age I am conscience that there is no pockets in a shroud.

• Haha 3

I ordered one for the beach and shallow water that I live close and I’m hoping it will be a great replacement for the Excal I sold.