Equinox Beach

Luis

¿Por qué hay tan poca información sobre el equinoccio en la playa? . Mi intención es usarlo especialmente para la playa, pero sin saber cómo funcionará con sus hermanos con la tecnología BBS y FBS. Tendré que ver antes cómo se comporta en la playa antes de hacer el pedido.

23 minutes ago, Luis said:

¿Por qué hay tan poca información sobre el equinoccio en la playa? . Mi intención es usarlo especialmente para la playa, pero sin saber cómo funcionará con sus hermanos con la tecnología BBS y FBS. Tendré que ver antes cómo se comporta en la playa antes de hacer el pedido.

I translated this to English:  Why is there so little information about the equinox on the beach? My intention is to use it especially for the beach, but not knowing how it will work with your siblings with BBS and FBS technology. I'll have to see how he behaves on the beach before ordering.

• Like 1

That question was answered previously here:

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/4753-equinox-salt-water/?do=findComment&comment=50147

The same question comes up repeatedly "why is XXX not available yet"? The answer is all cases is "because it has not happened yet". If there is anything anyone finds lacking about the information regarding Equinox that they need to make a purchasing decision, then they should wait until the information does become available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I find the only way to really know if I like a machine is to use it myself.  Stories, reports and field tests do help with a purchase decision, but can not always be relied upon.  My expectations may be different than yours.  In the case of the Equinox I placed my order basically sight unseen, because I read between the lines, asked secret sources and based on past personal experience.  

A reason to pre-order now is to actually get one in your hands before everyone else with a NOX finds it all!  Obviously kidding but the Equinox demand could delay delivery to those who wait.  No problem if you're in no rush.  

As mostly a beach hunter I'll take the chance on an Equinox.  For me the only VLF detectors to produce lots of gold in the salt are multi-frequency machines-  In particular BBS and FBS.  The CZ20/21 worked as did the Whites Beach Hunter ID.  Since the Equinox runs Multi in Beach Mode, more than likely will work good in the salt/beach.  Although ML in writing says the Equinox handles Salt almost as good as BBS/FBS and that BBS/FBS is hotter on silver.  This is good enough for me to purchase now.  The way I look at it is it will only take me a short time in the field to know if the Equinox meets my expectations or not.  For years I've put nearly every new water machine up against my Standard- the Excalibur and so far none have dethroned it!  I Hope the Equinox finally will.

Luis, I think for beach hunting you should Pre-order.  Should you find the NOX not to meet your expectations, most likely you could sell it easy.  Obviously the NOX likes small gold coins in the dirt and small gold nuggets too.  Not everyone is interested in beach hunting.

I have decided that i am going to buy 1 Equinox and not 2 . I was going to buy 2 and have 1 as backup but the beaches i go to are mostly dry tops and can be rowdy at times so i will instead buy another 705 for the dry during the Summer months . 

The 705 did me very well over the last 6 plus years so i will buy that when i get my Equinox . With luck the Equinox will work perfect on the wet then i will sell 1 of my Explorer's , probably the XS . 

At least we now when the machine is being released . 

I dont know as a beach hunter that you can go wrong with this machine.   I dont see it NOT working.   Even if its not a CTX.......in the salt water things get a little more equal......and at this price its sure going to pay for its self FAST.    Many of us will pay for this machine with finds in a month or so.   There is just a lot about this machine that says........ its going to be a great wading machine with the ability to find things we just cant right now on the dry sand.   Its an inexpensive all around machine ...... especially for a person who just occasionally wants to gold, field or beach hunt.   You may already be to late to get one of the first...... but as a beach hunter id get in line.

• Like 1