Nox Battery Charge Time

Equinox1881

3 minutes ago, Sinclair said:

Then I probably had luck  :smile: - assembled the machine while charging.. to save time, but the assembly only took 10mins maybe. I have used a charger which delivers 2,4 amps.. that should - if the circuit delivers full power to the battery - fully charge in 2-2,5h from being empty. The internal battery is rated at 5000mAh.

How ever - to answer the inital question: I don‘t think it‘ll do harm if you take it for a spin without beeing fully charged. Charge it as far as you can and off you go.

by the way.. I‘ve charged the headphones, WM08 and detector simultaneously for the first time - the WM08 took longest, the detector shortest time!

Thanks!

It's takes about 4 hrs the 1st time and maybe 3-1/2 if you run it till it shuts down.. I have charged mine 3 times and once it took about 3-1/2 hours when it shut down on it's own due to low battery. The other time it was about 3 hrs with 25% or so left. I also use my 2.5 amp charger in my truck for headphones and wireless module and it seems like no time and they are charged. 

• Like 2

Just a note.  Avoid taking the battery down to the level where the machine shuts down.  Draining LiIon and LiPos down to nothing on even an infrequent basis reduces overall lifetime such that it will need replacement sooner.  The internal Equinox battery protection circuitry may preclude actually discharging the battery to extremely low levels where lifetime degradation occurs, but I avoid going there anyway, if I can.  Also store it with at least 30 to 50% charge if you are not going to use it for awhile.  Do not store it discharged as it can self discharge to the point were lifetime degradation occurs.  Also, avoid charging under extreme cold or warm temperatures (i.e., outside 32F to 113F (0 to 45C)).  Again, the built-in charge protection circuitry should preclude this, but good to know.

• Like 3

Was on my second day of detecting today without re-charging when I noticed I was down to one bar.  Took me an hour to get back to my car, detected all the way and was still getting clad coins at down to 4".  Settings were Park 1, and manual GB.  Took 3 hours to fully charge the detector back up, headphones much less time.  I think Minelab says you can get 12 hours detecting on a full charge but was wondering if using the wireless headphones cuts that time down??  Anybody have thoughts or experience on that?  

When my 600 arrived, it took 2.5 hours to get to steady green on a 2.1amp charger. 

Using my phone's samsung 2A it takes me 4 hours before it stops flashing.  I worked it down to 1 bar before charging it.

• 3 years later...
8 hours ago, Turhan said:

im charging mine for almost 3 hours now with a spigen powerbank it was at 2 bars battery level before i charge it is that normal ? 

I believe that could be normal, however I let my 800 get down lower before I charge it. That way there won't be a memory build up and cause the battery to go bad. When I charge it I will also leave it plugged in over night to ensure a full charge. Just my way of doing things and it works for me, I have always had long hunts with power to spare.

Good luck and maybe someone else can add to this question for you.

• Thanks 1