Totally Amazing

Just got word from a very large dealer that Equinox pre-orders are so large the very earliest a new Equinox order might be filled would be early spring. 

I had to ask exactly what that meant and the answer was "if you ordered today, it would be after all pre-orders are filled before you could possibly receive an Equinox".   Wouldn't it be interesting to know how many machines, the pre-order is for?

Now that doesn't upset me, in any way, I'm actually very pleased Minelab has developed a machine that will bring serious competition into my hobby.  It might even spark new developments.

Go Minelab..................:biggrin:

• Like 1

If so, and record numbers of pre-orders for an Equinox and an announced release for next month by Minelab... why is the Equinox still so secret?  They have sales locked up for months, the release next month... is everything still Hush, Hush because of waiting for patents?  I would sure like to see the Equinox manual posted.  It's like a gold rush to get this secret new technology that will obsolete every other single frequency machine!  This release is Totally Amazing and would make for a great corporate movie!  Only it should be spiced up a bit with drama, roadblocks, espionage, hot Australian business women, gold and crazed customers brooding on forums!    

• Haha 1

Merry Christmas fellow EQX waiters. 

Im not at all surprised newly placed orders could take another 2 months after early placed preorders. I'd I love to have the manual to study for last few weeks of waiting. It could be that the reason ML is holding off on the manual is to permit any last minute revisions to it, knowing that they can probably hold off on printing until quite near the release time. Whatever it is I'm sure they'll post it by mid Jan. Before the first units go out to dealers. 

I fully agree with you Fred it is much easier to read and understand the printed book version of the operators manual rather than using a DVD version and there is a massive cost difference for the new owner having to print their own paper copy from a DVD against what a book publisher would bulk charge for the real thing.

There was a similar situation when the CTX-3030 was first muted about and released, Minelab was insistent that there would be a operators manual included in the package when in fact the package only contained a very basic handbook which didn't contain any information on settings and programming but there was a manual on a DVD but would have cost a small fortune in printer ink and paper.

• Like 1

I agree, Randy Dee;

I printed the ctx manual...and the exchange manual....a ream of paper and lots of ink...but, I had to do it- I punched holes in the lot. All in a three ring notebook.

Paul should be very happy...if he ever reads it.

did the same with my GPZ

fred

• Like 2

On 12/24/2017 at 1:15 PM, Mark Gillespie said:

Just got word from a very large dealer that Equinox pre-orders are so large the very earliest a new Equinox order might be filled would be early spring. 

I had to ask exactly what that meant and the answer was "if you ordered today, it would be after all pre-orders are filled before you could possibly receive an Equinox".   Wouldn't it be interesting to know how many machines, the pre-order is for?

Now that doesn't upset me, in any way, I'm actually very pleased Minelab has developed a machine that will bring serious competition into my hobby.  It might even spark new developments.

Go Minelab..................:biggrin:

I was told that a few weeks back when I pre-ordered from a very large dealer. They said I'd problably be looking at the second shipment but I would most likely have it before the ground thawed. They have insite on how may orders they have.    I think It all depends on how fast the production is and how many they can ship out at a time. Early Spring on the tundra in Minnesota is still rock hard.  I just as soon see those with thawed ground have their detectors first so I could read the reviews. 
P/S I still have my Safari to hunt with if it comes a little later in the Spring.  

• Like 1

Good things come to those that wait,
But the best things come to those that wait for their Equinox. 

:biggrin:

• Like 2

It's possible that a significant percentage of the pre-orders made without deposits won't turn into actual sales.  People wanting a single machine could have placed pre-orders with multiple dealers, as a strategy for getting the quickest delivery, and even some people who only placed a single order, without trying to game the system, may back out for some reason or other.

• Like 1