Totally Amazing

I'm number 26 on the list, but it's a non-deposit dealer, so I'm thinking some people may back out.

6 hours ago, Bayard said:

It's possible that a significant percentage of the pre-orders made without deposits won't turn into actual sales.  People wanting a single machine could have placed pre-orders with multiple dealers, as a strategy for getting the quickest delivery, and even some people who only placed a single order, without trying to game the system, may back out for some reason or other.

Just keep your eyes open for the same week as the Equinox being released you will find on the auction sites (ie Ebay) the Equinox for sale at hugely inflated prices and hoping for some mug to pay miles over the odds so as to jump the queue and you can bet your boots these detectors will be listed by the guys who have placed multiple orders and out to make a quick buck.    I have seen it before when the CTX and the Deus were released and there was order lists with a couple of months on the waiting lists.

Obviously the PRICE...... going from the CTX ...... to this machine that offers a lot didnt hurt sales.   So i wouldnt bet on any deals for some time.   BUT....... id be surprised if you dont see some on Ebay at a crazy price initially.   Im on the list...... but still interested to see how soon they use the tech to develop a platform.    You comment did make me think....... if you order today.   So...... you believe anyone ordering now isnt consider pre-ordered and that number is already fixed?   May be a lot of disappointed folks...... wonder if ML expected this kind of frenzy?   I think most are impressed with what they have heard ...... so i dont see them dropping like flies on their order.   I believe most are going to get what they paid for and others will order once more reviews are out.  If this machine also reduces repairs....... winner winner.

Dew

• Like 1

I am number 2 at my dealer so hopefully i will get mine quick . 

I also hope there is a manual in the box .

• Haha 1

Bought a few fishing reels a month before my summer holiday,... they arrived just in time for me to spool some line on in oktober and manage a few practise casts. By then I was studying every evening for my boating license. 

It goes how it goes. My dealer,... starting to sound like a junkie needing a fix, tells me I’m in his first shipment. But given my luck it will show up when the heavens are pouring down with rain, sleat and snow. Throw in a little frost for good measure why don’t you.

Anyway got the boating license,... time to figure out how to get the boat :-)

Pretty amazing this new Minelab has got the detecting community behaving like hardcore @pple Kids waiting inline for their next tech fix.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I decided that 26 probably wasn't going to be my lucky number.  So I contacted another dealer and put down a big deposit on one.  Number 6 sounds waaayyy better than number 26 and he says he's supposed to get more than that in the first shipment.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Bayard said:

It's possible that a significant percentage of the pre-orders made without deposits won't turn into actual sales.  People wanting a single machine could have placed pre-orders with multiple dealers, as a strategy for getting the quickest delivery, and even some people who only placed a single order, without trying to game the system, may back out for some reason or other.

Never thought of that.

• Like 1

I got my pre-order in with deposit back when it was announced. I was told That I was number 3 on the pre-order list. Sooo we will see.

I’m wondering what makes this detector release so popular. For me, I had sold my Excalibur and needed a water machine and was already familiar with Minelab.

Maybe the reasonable pricing I guess?

I've had my DFX for 15 years and I was way overdue for an upgrade.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MontAmmie said:

I've had my DFX for 15 years and I was way overdue for an upgrade.

What was that for, does your husband read this forum?  :biggrin:  (My wife doesn't and that's fine by me.)

For a saltwater hunter who travels to gold country, I would think the Eqx 800 (maybe even the 600) is a great addition.  And you still have the Infinium for the nasty mineralization areas.  Can't wait to see your new finds.

• Like 1