Multi Frequency And Battery Life

Guest TreasureGuy

Guest TreasureGuy

First of all a very Happy Christmas to you all at DPF :)

I have a question that I think has not been asked yet:

When using the Equinox in Multi-Frequency mode, do you think it will drain the battery quicker?

What will drain the batteries quicker will be your settings.   Most machines have a pretty regulated drain to the coil ect.   Wide open AM........ back lights........running with no headphones ... to much sensitivity causing chatter..... PPing and checking targets if you spend more time at it.  

Dew

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TreasureGuy said:

When using the Equinox in Multi-Frequency mode, do you think it will drain the battery quicker

Good question. I don’t know. I usually just charge the Equinox every night and so battery drain issues have not been a problem for me. In theory it might seem like multifrequency would use more power than a single frequency mode but I think making assumptions about Equinox based on past detectors would be a mistake. As Nuke me mentioned there are other factors that probably make more difference, like running wireless or not. As long as you can charge nightly it does not matter. With 8 - 12 hours operating time many people will be able to go days between charges though for some that is just one day of detecting.