Might Be My Last Search This Year ?

At 8 am this morning i got up thinking whether i wanted to brave the rain and hit the beach . After about 1 second i thought yep. I got myself together and grabbed my Explorer XS and went to the Bus stop . I passed a beach along the way that gives me an idea whether it will be worth it but wasn't sure . 

I went to the same place as the Boxing Day hunt and when i got there i saw enough beach below high tide that made me think oh yes .

So from just after 10 am till around 12.45 pm i searched the beach and it looks like no one is searching at the moment as i was finding lots of coinage about . I found a what might be a Silver ring and something that also might be Silver and as i was digging a hole for a coin i saw nearby a broken Silver chain bracelet . 

I carried on past the area that went quiet and wandered past a few beaches that i know to be quiet , at around 12.45 i was knackered so i walked the mile plus back to the start point and gave it one last check before finishing .

My total this time was £29.63 p plus the Silver bit or bits ,a copper Pendent "Religious"? and for the Americans here i also found a 1981 Quarter Dollar "lower left" . I find US coins here and there on my local beaches as well as EU coins . My oldest US coin i have found on a beach is a US Quarter Dollar from 1935 which i have kept , not the best condition but is nice anyway .

I might go tomorrow but it may have to wait till i have done something else first and that depends on the weather that is getting in the way a lot .

I have also reached today the total i was going for for the year and as a result will donate to 3 charities the last £215 i have found . Those will be Alzheimer's research UK , Cancer Research and Brain Tumor research . Anything i find tomorrow if i go will also be donated . 

Wonder if there is anyone who can guess the total coinage i have had this year ? 

I have also had 4 Gold and 25 Silver rings and a few other Silver bits including chains or bits of.

I have been out 88 times this year or 89 if i go tomorrow .

88) £29.63p FOUND 29-12-17 E. XS.JPG

• Like 3

Our 1p , 2p , 5p and 10p coins have converted to Iron core . We still have a lot of the older Copper or Nickel versions but they are getting taken out slowly . Hopefully the rest stay non Ferrous or it will be only Gems to look for and they are a lot rarer .

I am on the bus heading to the beach. The tide is in so will work it out for a while . most finds yesterday were just below high tide mark, not expecting much today but it has been rough and a bit windy.

Did the beach for a while but its all built up , had £4.13p .

Thats my lot for this year .

• Like 1

That’s awesome you take the bus. That’s a hardcore serious hunter. It’s great that you donate to Alzheimer’s research. Best of luck in 2018.