What Settings For SDC 2300?

vanursepaul

First off, thanks for the add to the forum Steve and secondly i wanna express my thanks for your willingness to do real world tests of all these detectors--that's what means the most to me...how they react on the same undisturbed target. I am looking forward to the comparisons.

If you get tired of your FrankenATX i wanna be the first to have a shot at buying it--i love the idea of the weight loss program you have it on. :lol:

I may have one question---what is your normal set up of the 2300 here in NV?---

[Mine is not as quiet as I expected, of course i run it on 5 sensitivity if i can get away with it and about 2 on the threshold---it almost reminds me of the 2200v2 i had...a little warbly.....I am afraid to run it on the lower sensitivity settings because i am afraid i lose too much depth]---

What say you?

Chris you can chime in too--or anyone else for that matter---- i really like his forum---it is educational for me...

Hi Paul,

You are welcome.

Not much to do on the SDC. I have been running sensitivity at 4 or 5 and threshold of 2 sounds about right. I am not saying those are the best settings, just what I have been running. A higher threshold used in conjunction with an external volume control may smooth things out for better performance. The ratty threshold is normal and I agree, reminiscent of the older SD units.

Been meaning to do a depth test of salt settings versus regular settings on a U.S. nickel but have not got around to it yet. Salt is less sensitive to tiny stuff but there is a small chance it may actually do ok on larger stuff.

Definitely run a slightly higher threshold amount to smooth out the threshold (3 to 4 is best for external booster speaker use), the SDC has an elevated Motion mode compared to the conventional Slow setting for the GPX 5000, so keep that in mind when your assessing EMI, threshold instability etc. 

JP

• Like 2