Equinox Quick Start Guide

AussieMatt

Posted here already but another can’t hurt! Stuff like that slips back a few pages over time and people miss it. 90% of what you need to know is there. The full manual will just flesh out the details

Here is a stripped down version of the guide I put together....

minelab-equinox-simple-quick-start-guide-.jpg
Minelab Equinox 800 / 600 Simple Quick Start Guide

• Like 1

And if one looks at the Gold Monster 1000 that went on sale May 8th 2017, still only has a "Getting started Guide" and no Instruction Manual. Maybe we shouldn't hold our breaths for and Instruction Manual for the Equinox either.

GOLD MONSTER 1000

GOLD MONSTER 1000 Getting Started Guide EN, AR, FR, PT - 0.99 MB 
GOLD MONSTER 1000 Getting Started Guide ES, RU, ZH, MN - 1.12 MB 
GOLD MONSTER 1000 Getting Started Guide MY, ID, JP, KR - 2.28 MB 

• Like 1

Steve replied

Minelab never said the Gold Monster would have a full owners manual. It has three controls. Minelab has already said a full manual for the Equinox will be released. It will be.

Thank you Steve. I had not seen that comment from Minelab.

Tyran

• Thanks 1

“The Li-ion battery in the EQUINOX detectors is easily replaceable. Minelab has not yet released official information as to whether or not a user can change the battery over without voiding warranty or if we recommend the battery is changed by a dealer or service centre. Further information about battery care and maintenance will be provided in the EQUINOX Instruction Manual, which has not been released yet. This will be available when the product is available. The EQUINOX detectors are not designed to run from AA batteries. However, you can use a standard USB power bank (as you do with mobile phones) to recharge the built-in battery and operate the detector at the same time.”

Thanks again Steve. Now I do remember this comment. Sorry for not checking thoroughly.