What Was The First " Smart " Detector?

I bought that original Eagle detector when it came out. I can tell you it did not go 30% deeper than the Coinmaster V Supreme  😄 But it was a fun machine and kept me interested in the newest and brightest things. I was with White's for the longest time -  CMV Supreme to DFX. Whites for sure was a top brand, and I do think the Eagle was the first widely promoted "smart" detector. But we were using discriminators way before it came out, so maybe digital smart is where I put it. That is about the time I lost that analog sound that I loved so much. "Chirpy" is how I would describe it's responses to targets and ground signals.

2 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I bought that original Eagle detector when it came out. I can tell you it did not go 30% deeper than the Coinmaster V Supreme  😄 But it was a fun machine and kept me interested in the newest and brightest things. I was with White's for the longest time -  CMV Supreme to DFX. Whites for sure was a top brand, and I do think the Eagle was the first widely promoted "smart" detector. But we were using discriminators way before it came out, so maybe digital smart is where I put it. That is about the time I lost that analog sound that I loved so much. "Chirpy" is how I would describe it's responses to targets and ground signals.

I was a Garrett's Man but the wife who is always right disagreed and said Whites is better. Now Garrett's has taken over, ha ha ha Carol.  

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

I believe the first detector that had target ID, or the first one that I saw, was a Teknetics. The ID was displayed on an analog meter. I was using a White's 6DB at the time.

I would have to say My Eagle 2, just because after all the analog machines I had I was Amazed it could actually I.D the targets often accurately, With Numbers.! Especially coins. In fact up until the Equinox 800 it was still my favorite coin detector.

Alas, it was lost in a house fire, that also claimed my Minelab GP Extreme, my Deepest nugget detector.