Some Silver From Recent Weeks

Wow, that's an XF walker.  Awesome. 

Steve

Nice silver finds and a big congrats on the Walker and your 2nd Barber.  Hopefully a seated coin is in your future.

Tom

• Thanks 1

Killer day on the silvers!!!!  Had to chuckle about turning away to nugget hunting 20 yrs ago....  I've been a coinshooter for 26 yrs and have run out of places to hunt unless I travel to the city so I've turned to prospecting/nugget hunting.

Here's the Barbers I got summer before last and the "keeper" nickels (luv chasing nickels).  Not shown are the usual mercs, rosies, washingtons........    I miss chasing coins but traveling got old.......

You definitely did good on the silvers!  Don't think I've ever beat 6 on a trip

P1200008.JPG

P1200007.JPG

• Like 5

9 hours ago, oneguy said:

Here's the Barbers I got summer before last and the "keeper" nickels (luv chasing nickels).

Great haul!  How do you clean your nickels?

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Great haul!  How do you clean your nickels?

start with steel wool.......   I also use a mild abrasive like Bon-Ami and also a chemical toilet cleaner called Santeen.  I highly recommend NOT using the Santeen on pitted nickels...stick with the steel wool and maybe the Bob-Ami.  Don't use any of these on silver or copper.  Any dug nickels won't be in any kind of shape numismaticly for value so don't worry about using the steel wool....just keep rubbing until you get the results you like.  Some nickels are just too far gone and not much you can do.......

let us know how it works for you..........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1