Nice Steve....  Where you are at, you should turn up a Carson silver dollar soon.

(research that race track I told you about several years ago..)

Already know just where it was Harry due to your tip - thanks!

Great finds Steve! Love the Walking Liberty. It’s in awesome condition.

Wow, that's an XF walker.  Awesome. 

Steve

Nice silver finds and a big congrats on the Walker and your 2nd Barber.  Hopefully a seated coin is in your future.

Tom

• Thanks 1

Congrats, that's an awesome result, I think that new machine has relit a fire in you, It's good to see you on a high with a VLF, it's been a long time coming,

keep up the good work.

J.

Killer day on the silvers!!!!  Had to chuckle about turning away to nugget hunting 20 yrs ago....  I've been a coinshooter for 26 yrs and have run out of places to hunt unless I travel to the city so I've turned to prospecting/nugget hunting.

Here's the Barbers I got summer before last and the "keeper" nickels (luv chasing nickels).  Not shown are the usual mercs, rosies, washingtons........    I miss chasing coins but traveling got old.......

You definitely did good on the silvers!  Don't think I've ever beat 6 on a trip

P1200008.JPG

P1200007.JPG

• Like 5

9 hours ago, oneguy said:

Here's the Barbers I got summer before last and the "keeper" nickels (luv chasing nickels).

Great haul!  How do you clean your nickels?

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Great haul!  How do you clean your nickels?

start with steel wool.......   I also use a mild abrasive like Bon-Ami and also a chemical toilet cleaner called Santeen.  I highly recommend NOT using the Santeen on pitted nickels...stick with the steel wool and maybe the Bob-Ami.  Don't use any of these on silver or copper.  Any dug nickels won't be in any kind of shape numismaticly for value so don't worry about using the steel wool....just keep rubbing until you get the results you like.  Some nickels are just too far gone and not much you can do.......

let us know how it works for you..........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By CliveHamy
      My first Roman Silver found with the NOX, Field2. VDI 14/15, default settings 8 inches down, 4 units on the depth gauge. Lovely tone
      Believed to be a Silver Denarius by Septimus Severus AD209, This side Minerva, the other side the head of one of his Sons either Geta or Caracalla, commemorating the victories achieved by the Romans led by Severus and Caracalla in Scotland AD209 -10. 

• By Tometusns
      I got to hit a yard for a little while this morning. Yep, I'm going back. 😁

• By Flukenut
      I have been detecting for 40 years, found a lot of different coins. But there was one on my bucket list I never thought I would find.I found a beach that use to be a resort in the turn of the century and found a lot of silver coins there.Every week is a new adventure with the movement of sand. Today was one of those days. Got a 27-28 signal on the 600, dug down , got a 1907 barber dime. After checking the hole got a 37-38 signal. Called my son over with his etrac and he got a 12-40 signal. After a few scoops, down about a foot came up a 1935 Peace dollar! Wow! Never thought this day would come!

• By MCH2
      I was lucky enough to find a couple large cents awhile back and was hoping someone knowledgeable with copper coins / large cents could shed some light on dating one of them. The 1845 large cent (good condition) measures appx. 27mm while the other large cent (which is in extremely poor condition) measures appx. 28mm. The larger coin also has the word "CENT" underlined on the reverse whereas the 1845 does not (see photos).
      I have The Official Red Book of United States Coins, 63rd edition (2010) and I believe the larger cent is older. Anyone have an opinion on appx. date of larger cent?
       Thanks in advance,  Malcolm

• By foreverteachable
      I was hunting an old field and found an old button and after rubbing it with some vegetable oil to preserve it I went back to the same spot and found this old coin. I was shaking all over as I gently cleaned it off and rubbed it with a lightly oiled paper towel. I looked it up and it is a colonial Vermont copper from around 1785.

• By foreverteachable
      I stopped byto see the landowner and possibly drop off a box full of  wheat pennies a couple Indian heads, the most recent shoe buckle, and a musket ball for the home owner but he wasn't there and the family said he probably wouldn't want the stuff anyways and to go back and detect if I wanted.  I went back to the lawn first and realized that there weren't a lot of good signals. It probably had to do with the fact that in each hole there were at least two cut nails and EMI affecting the detector. I decided to hit in the woods where the old well was and I picked up that half dollar it was awesome. I then put my sensitivity at 18 infield two mode and the guy on finding some cool relics.