Nice Article On The Equinox 800 On The Minelab Site

Great bit of detecting there Steve.... Very impressive.

Sweet silver.... 

I have been keeping the Equinox stuff over on the Minelab Equinox Forum including the original post that resulted in the Treasure talk blog entry. The interest level is so high it needed its own discussion area. No doubt it will be the best selling detector of 2018.

The obvious target for Minelab is the XP Deus and Garrett AT Max - coin, relic, jewelry, both on land and in water. However, like most top "do-it-all" detectors both Equinox models are perfectly capable of finding gold nuggets. While these are not going to be sold specifically as prospecting detectors, anyone interested in a general purpose VLF that can also be used as a VLF prospecting machine might want to take a look at Equinox. I think it is going to be a very good detector for working around trashy mining camps and hydraulic pits, tailing piles, or anywhere else gold lurks where ferrous trash is a big problem. I have detected gold nuggets weighing under 1 grain (480 grains per Troy Ounce) in the field so I know the machine is capable. However, it has many functions beyond just prospecting and so is more for the person wanting a detector for more than one purpose. Personally, I have never used a detector that does such a wide range of things so very well.

So about time a little something got posted about it here - thanks Flak!

minelab-equinox-metal-detector-large-studio-multifrequency-waterproof-wireless-dark.jpg

• Like 2

Steve, What Khz were you using to find the silver coins? And did you try the near equivalent with the Impact? Those are some great finds in the heavily hunted places! And I like the fact that you can find sub-grain nuggets, also.

Thanks, Joel