Can I Be Critical Of The Equinox Here?

Gasp!  Cr-cr-critical of the Equinox?  Blasphemy!

In all seriousness, can't wait to put it through its paces, Good. Bad, and Indifferent.  No such thing as a perfect detector.  I have a benchmark detector that will form the basis for my comparison.  The question in my mind is whether the Equinox will merely supplement that detector by filling the gaps of what it does not do well or whether it will fully supplant that detector as my primary machine.  There is an option 3. But I don't want to think about that just yet.  Lol.

Just hope it warms up from the teens here before the Equinox shows up.

How can I be critical of something that I’ve yet to have one in my hands? Oh I’ve seen pictures and videos plus heard lots of peoples opinion .

I look at the Equinox and getting married about the same. Getting a new wife you don’t know every little thing about her. Just maybe what you do learn you only want it to be between only you and her. My problem is when I get it everybody is going to know all about it. Like my wife it takes all the adventure we would had together is been taken away.

If she had been married before I wouldn’t go ask her ex what he could tell me something maybe I don’t know but he does.

The Equinox has so many ex’s here It may be nothing left when I get it alone to learn.

I have the Equinox 800 on order but a old saying fits this statement above.

My money goes from hand to hand and my woman goes from man to man . In this case it’s my Equinox.

This is as critical as I can get about the Equinox.

Chuck

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

How can I be critical of something that I’ve yet to have one in my hands? Oh I’ve seen pictures and videos plus heard lots of peoples opinion .

I look at the Equinox and getting married about the same. Getting a new wife you don’t know every little thing about her. Just maybe what you do learn you only want it to be between only you and her. My problem is when I get it everybody is going to know all about it. Like my wife it takes all the adventure we would had together is been taken away.

If she had been married before I wouldn’t go ask her ex what he could tell me something maybe I don’t know but he does.

The Equinox has so many ex’s here It may be nothing left when I get it alone to learn.

I have the Equinox 800 on order but a old saying fits this statement above.

My money goes from hand to hand and my woman goes from man to man . In this case it’s my Equinox.

This is as critical as I can get about the Equinox.

Chuck

I am sure your post was tongue in cheek humor, but Steve made it pretty clear in the last paragraph that it was a placeholder thread for another day when the Equinox is in the hands of the general public.  He certainly does not expect nor desire critical reviews from us who have yet to even lay hands on the the machine.  That doesn't stop some people, though.  Lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Steve, it's precisely because I know you will be thorough and objective in all your postings and articles about the Equinox, that this will be my number one forum for all matters related to the Equinox.  Further, I believe anyone that comes to this forum just to trash the equinox will be called out. I look forward to posting my own results and comments as I put my new equinox 800 into action. As I mentioned elsewhere in the forum, the equinox is the first detector I will be getting at first release, and I intend  to be fully involved in the process alongside everyone else. 

• Like 3

Chase

The only who know about the Equinox is the Testers that was given the opportunity by Minelab. They are the only ones that know enough about the Equinox to be critical if so wish.

What was written was in humor form but how can anyone be critical of something only select few have and tested?

Chuck

PS I know I keep repeating myself but that’s the way it is. I be non-critical.

• Like 1

Steve being critical of the Nox could blow up the interwebs. There's a bunch of yahoo's on some of the other forums who see Steve as a shill for ML and this might rip the fabric of the space time continuum. Tread lightly here. :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

Chase

....That was written was in humor form but how can anyone be critical of something only select few have and tested?

Chuck

PS I know I keep repeating myself but that’s the way it is. I be non-critical.

Exactly, no one can be critical of it yet...that is what Steve said.  He created this thread for LATER USE as stated in his post.  He wasn't expecting anyone to actually post a review critical or otherwise at this point.  Also, he was trying to make it clear that legitimate criticism of the detector backed up with data, information, video, etc.. would not be discouraged to avoid the perception of bias.

Steve stated in another post that Minelab was to have a meeting around two weeks. Let’s say Minelab tells them when the dealers will receive their orders. We looking at 14 days till them and another 7 or more before orders start coming in. Then you have another 7 days to get the detectors to customers in the field.

At the projected unknown factor it will be the following month before any of us see our Equinox.

Then you have another two weeks if one would even have a opinion by then let alone a critical one.

Don’t you think it would be a sad thing for this post to sit idle that long without a word?

Chuck

• Like 1

Guest Tnsharpshooter

I only have 2 things to say here on this issue.

First if this forum was only about " sunshine and rosies" as far as discussing detectors go, I would have never joined here to begin with.

Second, just because I like a detector model, doesn't mean the model doesn't have faults or things I dislike.

Construcitve criticism is what I want and expect and what I try to give.

Kudos too if deserving.