Equinox In Wet Salt Sand. By Neil Jones.

Yes, a little confused as to what point you were attemting to make, originally.  Seemed like you were slogging Equinox.  Thanks for setting me straight, though.  You are right.  I don’t know those detectors well, I own a Deus and hunt with that and a GPX mostly. So what you are saying is for Equinox to be worth it for you (to move on from your GT)  it needs to outperform the other salt water Minelab’s in moving salt water and it hasn’t demonstrated that yet.  Looking to get more into wet beach hunting with the Equinox so I'm eager to learn the nuances of what should be expected before I plop down 900 or even 650 bucks for one.  Thanks again for laying it out so clearly in the followup post.  I think you missed my point though, it is possible a $650 detector is NOT going to out perform your beloved Sovs.  And I don't actually consider that a fail because...I will have a $650 to $900 detector that will likely do better than any other detector in its price range at the beach, in the gold field, pucking silver in the park, or cherry picking relics in mineralized plowed fields.  Hope the Equinox earns its salt for you, but if not, your GTs will still get it done, and that's great.

On 1/7/2018 at 6:10 PM, Gerry Freeman-Smith said:

Sorry about the Facebook link, glad you sorted it Steve.

By the way, I think its either a £2 coin or a Euro of some sort as he was in Holland.

Either way, still impressive.

The UK new Pound coin is 12 sided and 2 metals like the Euro . I think he used a Pound coin . 

If the machine can pick that up in that depth in salt water then theres no reason to fuss over its salt wet capability anymore.

• Like 2

I agree Steve...... but as a beach hunter in Fl honestly we dont find a lot of silver...... so this machine offers something the others dont..... the ability to hit smaller/micro gold in dry sand.   That was a good video......... that was in the oat meal there is salt water moving in the sand everytime the waves come in.   A good bit of the chatter in the wave line here in Fl is from concentration of old sea weed that collects black sand and coil flip.   Hunting in PP seems to work best for me there.   If the EQ is as good ...... then i still see some pluses over the BBS/FBS with its ability to hunt in single freq with out having to go get another machine to settle for the larger gold.   My Xcal will pick up a piece of gold about .3 grams....... everything else is waiting on a Deus or now the EQ.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Alexander. I recommend you contact the people making the videos for explanations about the videos they are producing. We are all just viewers like you are. It is interesting because some people watch the videos and like what they see. Others watch the very same videos and are unhappy with what they see.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alexander Piskunov said:

What can you say about the stability of the equinox is unstable on wet sand and working steadily on dry sand? 

Like all machines it will have good and bad points . It might well work well on one beach and not so well on another . I find that with the E.Trac and Explorer's . All depends on the sand type and if you live in a Volcanic area you will have trouble . Neil Jones video showed him on a UK or ? European beach and the coin was either a Euro or a Pound coin but that wont matter they are near enough the same size and come up on the Explorer about the same . 

Dr Tones video in Hawaii was different , he said he was running the machine hot and i suspect he was using Beach 2 program not the more stable Beach 1 . Cant go into details as i only know a little . But Neil Jones video does show that the Equinox works well on most beaches in the UK . Working well on the dry is great but Neil's video showed that he could bury a coin deep in wet sand and find it in the surf. Cant believe he left it there though , did he put that on expenses !!

Until we have the machine in our own hands we are not going to know much till the release . 

Minelab testers are only getting the machine ready for us real testers . Thats when the real test begins . And thats the one that Minelab's hopes succeed or fail.

• Like 3

Nuke.... you are right there.   The testers can only do so much.   Once that machine is out here people will start getting the BEST out of it for their area/conditions.   Neils video putting that coin where he did...... in the oat meal where the water moves IN the sand knows thats promising.  

• Like 1

On 1/10/2018 at 9:52 AM, Nuke em said:

Dr Tones video in Hawaii was different , he said he was running the machine hot and i suspect he was using Beach 2 program not the more stable Beach 1

If you pause the video, he is in Beach 1.  

On 9-1-2018 at 8:48 PM, Nuke em said:

The UK new Pound coin is 12 sided and 2 metals like the Euro . I think he used a Pound coin . 

He used een 50 Euro cent.   Which is 24,5 mm   -  7.80 grams  - 1 metal