One Year Anniversary

Very nice and good mojo too...

I have found that many people do not appreciate how the orientation of the target affects the reading. Most do their testing with the classic flat, broad surface on the ground...that is not real world...if you haven't done this; take a nickel and put in the ground sideways, same with a gold ring...you will usually see a completely different reading...

fred

• Like 2

Fred I always figure I have something to learn with this hobby. I've been using the CTX exclusively since 2014 and I still feel I have more to learn about this machine. Deep sideways nickels can be tough and I know I've passed up lots of them...makes me wonder how many deep sideways gold rings I've walked over and not dug.

Steve I did not do all that well last year either but I did not hit it as hard as I did the two previous years. I hope to get out more this year. I notice my wrist is starting to ache after a half day of using  the Lesche hand tool. I hate to take my small Lesche shovel to a park but I might have to in a few years lol. 

strick

Congratulations Strick on such a cool find. Good for you that you stuck with it to pull out the gold even if the numbers weren’t there.

• Like 1