Tnsharpshooter

Thread For New Detectorist Using Deus And New Deus Users

Update: USING GOLD FIELD

Been out today on a old Roman site, very worked out for many years, believe me, finds here are very far and few between.....

however I searched using G/Field, lots of iron naturally, struggled initially, with the amount of feedback from iron contamination on this site,,,  however this program is relatively new to me, so persevere I did,, as the day went on things started to all click, what was the game changer was when I experimented with the XY Screen,, ( I've never been fan of this before) but it's extremely accurate using G/ Field!! Amazingly accurate information!!

My advice to anyone interested in trying G/Field is to have a try using the XY screen! I certainly was amazed with the accuracy!

By the end of the day I managed to find several Roman coins including 1silver Denarius!

All in all ,,,, very impressive!

settings below....( GB of 66 was grabbed early in the day and I never had to adjust for rest of the day, machine ran really stable on this GB number)

Elliptical coil

Disc...IAR 5

GB.... 66

reactivity ... 4

sens.... 95....

Audio Response.... 4

threshold...0

Frequency...74 KHz

XY Screen 

Hope this helps at least one person!!!!

regards

Dave.

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing Dave.

I mean this sincerely.

Nothing like having someone here who hunts the polluted sites to share info with results.

• Like 1

David, with all your effort and contributions here,, your more than welcome!!?

• Like 2

Thanks Tn for such well thought out posts. As a new Deus user it is incredibly helpful. I mainly hunt the beaches of SoCal and so far I go by the tones and just keep the remote in my pocket. Now I’m inspired to take it out and look at what it’s telling me.

• Like 2

Forgive me, but how does one get into X/Y from GF? Trying to save a custom program. 

2 hours ago, rexhavoc said:

Forgive me, but how does one get into X/Y from GF? Trying to save a custom program. 

Hit the OPTION button,

go to CONFIGURATION,

then PROFILE, 

then XY.... set magnify to, five or six...by pressing down on the pinpoint button for a second or two,

• Like 3

I just copied all these instructions to a word document and printed it out.......21 pages !!!

And well worth it.

Well, it's been a couple of weeks since my last post here.

So what's new with using the Gold Field program?

Here's  my thoughts since then.

(TNsharpshooter, I'll appreciate your thoughts on this)

Downside......

The Deus using Gold Field,,, will except good audio response, that's not necessarily a non ferrous target,,, even using IAR settings of 4 or 5!

Somehow,, maybe deep iron?,,, I'm not sure, will give a fantastic audio sound, but check the VDI and it registers as 00/01 ........

However in saying that,,, the majority iron, this program has no problems with telling the user that iron is under the coil!

I've come to the conclusion that Gold Field, just maybe, is unable to totally discriminate all ferrous targets, perhaps which are deep?

However,, since using this program I can't remember the last large piece of iron I've dug!,, in conjunction with the XY screen.

The most important thing is when using Gold Field ,, IMO,, is the XY screen it's vital!!! ,,,,, this is very accurate at telling the user of these false "audio signals ",, I've settled for the XY magnification of 4,, this does seem to have a better way of indicating targets, set too high, and the lines seem to go a bit crazy!

(Personally I think GF program, should be defaulted to showing the XY screen)

Obviously GB is vital when using G/F,  

Funnily enough today, I had ground sensitivity set on 6, and the top right box displayed virtually the same GB number that was grabbed using G/F ,,, this has given me huge encouragement with the new V4.1 update in respect of the new GB sensitivity feature!....

Personally I'm loving this program,, and it's definitely found me lots of excellent finds, from sites I honestly thought were searched out!

Message to all,,,,, give this a try,,, be patient,, it will take time to get your head into this program,,, and you may well be very surprised!

Regards 

Dave

• Like 4