Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By DDancer
      This year, 2018, I'm working thru the year to pay up on last years not so great stab at a golden prospects in Australia last year, 2017.  It was a great trip, always is, but a lot of little factors kept me gold poor *which I use to pay for food, fuel and amenities* so I leaned on the credit card a little to hard.  Hahh!  No one ever said I'd get rich but ehh~ One can dream by the camp fire.~~  Another driving factor for this post is that my email does not like to send pictures so this is for you all who have asked "Where are the pictures?" when I tried to send them.
      Well that aside Its Always A Good Go down under.  I stayed mostly in the region of Kalgoorie last year, hard hunted land that, so I could be of help and hang around with my mates in Coolgardie while they fixed up a new caravan and ute.  The gold was small and hard to come by but I still got a few ounces in littles from the EL's I applied for, and yes sent the reports in for, but in all here are a few good days on the scales :

And here are what most days went like.  I only had a few days streaches during the weeks out bush where I caught the skunk... but I entertained myself otherwise 😉

I did find one small meteorite but it chose to find the hole in my pocket instead of coming home with me.  Bugger.  But while I was out and about I decided to look for another mineral I knew occured in the region were I was and took a few days driving the fence lines to find it.  Chrysoprase.  Never did find the mine that my mate pointed me towards but I did find an area that had the right indicators, what is called white and blue chrysoprase and chalcedony, and on stopping there I took a couple of days to speck around.

I was finding mostly low grade stuff, the above picture, but found one good bit with just the tip sticking out like an iceberg:

Among other interesting rocks like this one, semi-crystalline quartz with some nice shiny bubbly limonite and from another area of flats a fulgerite, solidified lightning strike:

So my rock hounding itch was scratched 🙂
      Now camp is always a treat in the mornings and evenings but I also mentioned I kept myself entertained on days when I was not finding much.  Aside from just enjoying nature and walking Kays getting no where on the gold a few days of yabbie fishing made for a great reliefe after catching the skunk.  I visited various dams nearby and treated myself to a Yabbie feast on many evenings.

So all in all a great time, good eats and nice finds.  If you want to go my suggestion is : Make a Plan and stick to it.   You wont be dissapointed.  There were a great many other things that occured but like I said, a short story.
      Regards and go live the dream.  Next year who knows..... I'm thinking opal or sapphires myself with a little gold and yabbie.

Thanks for reading,
      DD

• By AU_Solitude
      https://www.livescience.com/62638-san-jose-shipwreck-cannons.html
      Pretty amazing - the article is worth a read if you love anything to do with treasure hunting.
      It's great how over the last few decades underwater ROV's are putting these treasures/history back in reach.

• By drxalaa
      I From morocco i have paper of treasure like this photo and i have other Place more than 30 with treasure in land i don't have detector for 1,5m to know the place treasure and make sure
      i have a EDS gold catcher but not working well always i find only ferrous target with Disc
      I need someone from morocco can work with me or someone help me for good Detector for 1,5m for Detect Gold

• By LipCa
      Another reason why you shouldn't blab a discovery....

http://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/fbi-digging-where-treasure-hunters-are-thinking-of-gold/716013192
    • By kiwijw
      Thought this might interest you.
      https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/102358148/fbi-at-site-where-civil-war-gold-rumored-to-be-buried
      JW
    • By mn90403
      Here is a bit of an update on THE treasure hunt.
      http://www.wphm.net/2018/01/12/people-continue-to-seek-reported-hidden-treasure-in-the-rocky-mountains-despite-fatal-attempts/