Problem With GPZ WM12 Wireless Module

This has happened for awhile so I thought I would throw it out to the experts. The Wireless Module on my 7000 does two things I don't understand and are probably related. 1. It takes an insanely long time to charge and after a couple of days, it takes another insanely long time to charge. 2. When out detecting it runs out of charge before a day of detecting is over.

Any thoughts? Thanks...

I`d suspect a faulty battery firstly if not related to your charger. Have you tried plugging into an usb charge port other then the ML charger?

Hi Norvic, yes I have plugged it into the usb port on my computer with the same results.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Is the battery something that a civilian can replace?

I did test recharging it in the field with one of those iphone portable battery chargers and it worked just fine...so I have a way to keep the charge up, it's just cumbersome.

Mate just throwing this out there.  The 7000 was released in Australia on 23rd Feb 2015.   Unless Minelab have specified that the WM12 only has 12 months warranty, your WM12 still has at least one month of warranty.  It sounds to me like you have a dud WM12.   I hope you get it sorted. Dave

• Thanks 1

Thank you everyone.

I am under warranty so I'll see what ML says.

And thanks for the IPB Steve...

Good point Dave. From https://www.minelab.com/usa/customer-care/product-warranty

3 Years - GPZ 7000, GPX Series detectors, SDC 2300, X-TERRA Series detectors, E-TRAC, Safari, CTX 3030, EQUINOX Series detectors, Minelab branded search coils, handles, shafts, headphones, bags and battery chargers are under warranty for a period of 3 years (36 months) from the Date of Purchase.

2 Years - GO-FIND Series detectors, GOLD MONSTER 1000, and PRO-FIND Series pinpointers are covered for 2 years (24 months) from the Date of Purchase.

1 Year - Excalibur II and PRO-SONIC are warranted for a period of 1 year (12 months) from the Date of Purchase.

6 Months - Minelab batteries, PRO-SWING 45, PRO-ALLOY, and some accessories are under warranty for a period of 6 months from the Date of Purchase.

• 2 months later...

It doesn't look like Minelab offers replacement WM12 batteries after looking at their site.

19 hours ago, Goldscreamer said:

It doesn't look like Minelab offers replacement WM12 batteries after looking at their site.

If anyone knows how to get a replacement battery please post it here.  

We’re all about backups when in the field for days.  

Thanks. 

Chuck

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Problem With GPZ WM12 Wireless Module