Sign in to follow this  
mn90403

Have You Tried To Find Forrest Fenn's Treasure?

Here's a video interview with Mitzi Wallace, wife of minister Paris Wallace who died this past June searching for the treasure.  She has a different view than the "call it off" and "you can't be responsible for yourself so someone needs to do it for you" proponents.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/06/30/treasure-hunter-new-mexico-paris-wallace/

• Like 2

I think Fenn's idea of a treasure hunt is awesome. Hunting and searching for potentially 5 million gold SHOULD involve some risks. The fact that people die or have been injured is a part of life. The sheriff needs to stick to protecting and serving against crime and leave the treasure issues to someone else. I just wish I had the time and the brains to figure it out myself. 

Next thing you know we're going to see a group protesting Oak Island because the legend says someone else has to die in order for the treasure to be found. Then we'll have a group calling for Expedition Unknown to change their name to Expedition Somewhere so people aren't afraid to watch the show. 

• Like 1

wish i was good at riddles ........this hunt sounds great.....THANK YOU MR FENN 5 million thumbs up to a great american

Yes, I've been working on it a few years.   Its amazing how many good solves there are to the poem that don't end up with the treasure in hand.   Great fun.

HH
Mike

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By DDancer
      This year, 2018, I'm working thru the year to pay up on last years not so great stab at a golden prospects in Australia last year, 2017.  It was a great trip, always is, but a lot of little factors kept me gold poor *which I use to pay for food, fuel and amenities* so I leaned on the credit card a little to hard.  Hahh!  No one ever said I'd get rich but ehh~ One can dream by the camp fire.~~  Another driving factor for this post is that my email does not like to send pictures so this is for you all who have asked "Where are the pictures?" when I tried to send them.
      Well that aside Its Always A Good Go down under.  I stayed mostly in the region of Kalgoorie last year, hard hunted land that, so I could be of help and hang around with my mates in Coolgardie while they fixed up a new caravan and ute.  The gold was small and hard to come by but I still got a few ounces in littles from the EL's I applied for, and yes sent the reports in for, but in all here are a few good days on the scales :

And here are what most days went like.  I only had a few days streaches during the weeks out bush where I caught the skunk... but I entertained myself otherwise 😉

I did find one small meteorite but it chose to find the hole in my pocket instead of coming home with me.  Bugger.  But while I was out and about I decided to look for another mineral I knew occured in the region were I was and took a few days driving the fence lines to find it.  Chrysoprase.  Never did find the mine that my mate pointed me towards but I did find an area that had the right indicators, what is called white and blue chrysoprase and chalcedony, and on stopping there I took a couple of days to speck around.

I was finding mostly low grade stuff, the above picture, but found one good bit with just the tip sticking out like an iceberg:

Among other interesting rocks like this one, semi-crystalline quartz with some nice shiny bubbly limonite and from another area of flats a fulgerite, solidified lightning strike:

So my rock hounding itch was scratched 🙂
      Now camp is always a treat in the mornings and evenings but I also mentioned I kept myself entertained on days when I was not finding much.  Aside from just enjoying nature and walking Kays getting no where on the gold a few days of yabbie fishing made for a great reliefe after catching the skunk.  I visited various dams nearby and treated myself to a Yabbie feast on many evenings.

So all in all a great time, good eats and nice finds.  If you want to go my suggestion is : Make a Plan and stick to it.   You wont be dissapointed.  There were a great many other things that occured but like I said, a short story.
      Regards and go live the dream.  Next year who knows..... I'm thinking opal or sapphires myself with a little gold and yabbie.

Thanks for reading,
      DD

• By AU_Solitude
      https://www.livescience.com/62638-san-jose-shipwreck-cannons.html
      Pretty amazing - the article is worth a read if you love anything to do with treasure hunting.
      It's great how over the last few decades underwater ROV's are putting these treasures/history back in reach.

• By drxalaa
      I From morocco i have paper of treasure like this photo and i have other Place more than 30 with treasure in land i don't have detector for 1,5m to know the place treasure and make sure
      i have a EDS gold catcher but not working well always i find only ferrous target with Disc
      I need someone from morocco can work with me or someone help me for good Detector for 1,5m for Detect Gold

• By LipCa
      Another reason why you shouldn't blab a discovery....

http://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/fbi-digging-where-treasure-hunters-are-thinking-of-gold/716013192
    • By kiwijw
      Thought this might interest you.
      https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/102358148/fbi-at-site-where-civil-war-gold-rumored-to-be-buried
      JW
    • By AU_Solitude
      I was unsure as to which forum this would be appropriate to post under? Regardless, it's a good read if you have five minutes or so. 
      http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/bay-area-settler-forgot-where-he-buried-gold-1850s-12488116.php#item-85307-tbla-20