Minelab Partners Conference Starts Tomorrow

I paid mine upfront. My dealer was hesitant to do it but I've bought from him in the past and i trust him completely so when I could take care of it i did. It was my idea not his. I didn't look at it as an interest free loan because I'm buying. I do know some people who put their names on every dealer they could find pre-orders list and are going to take the first one they get and let the rest go. Personally I think that's wrong but there seems to be a lot of situational ethics involved in detecting especially when it comes to buying one. 

We know Bill from nuggetshooter went

Rob from nuggethunter told me yesterday he was going 

Chris from Azoutback being a big dealer for Minelab I’m sure he went

So by late Tuesday we should be running over with info we’ve been wanting to know about anything to do with Minelab metal detectors 

The main one everyone wants to know about is the Equinox and that’s when we going to have it in our hot little hands.

Chuck

Guest Tnsharpshooter
1 hour ago, Champ Ferguson said:

I don't think there's going to be many beginners buying in the first wave, or even second wave for that matter. Too many experienced detectorists wanting one. This IS going to be an interesting rollout, for sure.

Percentage wise, for price paid when comparing detectors I do think a lot of lesser experienced and new detectorist will buy, the model 600 at least.

Most of the more experienced may indeed opt for 800 model.

Besides a dealer when called or a person ordering, a dealer shouldn't give a hoot as far as one's detecting experiment goes.

The Equinox has been advertised, talked about on social medial and detecting forums.

It is NO secret.

I by talking about this detector to some folks in my community,, I likely have sold 3 units for Minelab to folks who are not so experienced and don't even know what a metal detecting forum looks like.

This roll out will not be short IMO, will take a while, longer than usual.

Rollout don't end for maybe 6 months, maybe longer once units become available.

Folks need to realize where the population in USA exists, not inland but coastal.  Equinox fits this coastal environment better than most it seems especially for cost of units.

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/population.html

I know Tim went down from metal detector sales southwest Mo.  I'm looking forward to hearing what He has to say.

Tim didn't require any down payment and said there was no commitment on my part because he wouldn't have any trouble selling them.  I'm number two on his list for an 800 and just waiting on a call from him to come pick up my Equinox!!?

I got email from one of the dealers that went to this meeting that Minelab had. The only thing he said was Minelab covered the Equinox a bit and how sensitive it was to small gold. I did ask about pricing but I’m waiting on a reply.

My thinking was this meeting would last for two days but like said he’s back now .

If and when I find something I’ll post it.

Chuck

It was Rob from Robs detector sales that the dealer I was talking about. He posted on his forum that Minelab is still saying by the end of the month. He just hope they have enough Equinox’s to meet the demand .

He said all the big dealers like Bill, Gerry,Chris and a lot he didn’t know.I forgot one and that’s Doc’s Detectors.

Still nothing on pricing.

Chuck

Hopefully your dealer dont take care of local regular customers first regardless of their place on his list.   Not sure its a bad thing not to get one initially..... but i suspect ML wont ship a large numbers until they start getting reviews.   I suspect we will see trickles at first just to keep the hoard at bay.

Dew

Check out that leaked optimistic photos in the DUG Group:

26239696_1553896294646170_77559427102832

https://www.facebook.com/groups/157635448164052/?ref=direct

But.. 2.9lb = 4 stars, 2.3 lb = 4 stars !? Seems to be a marketing chart :laugh:

No stars on Battery Life :ph34r:

Edit: have to clean my goggles.. No stars for weight either