Equinox Multi-IQ Technologies ( Part 3 )

cdv

Every time I read more on it, I like it better and better :laugh: Who knows with the 17" coil it may perform In ways my CTX can not on the beach. The same goes for iron infested areas on dry land. The CTX will probably win in the open areas of the beach, but there are some patches where iron nails are everywhere. This is where I want to see what it can do. Interesting to see what part 4 is all about

• Like 1

"Our ongoing collaborative field testing feedback from around the world has resulted in further improvements"

I have to wonder, how many changes they did make OTHER than to the Gold Mode.  

Cliff

Man, you guys are all over this stuff! I have been watching for it and you still beat me to it! :smile:

Here is the main portion of the latest version of the Quick Guide, click for larger version.

Just to clarify - Gold Mode still has 20 kHz and 40 kHz options just like before, but the MF multifrequency mode has been added. The truth is that it is very hard to find anything a single frequency does better than Multi-IQ, and leaving it out of the Gold Mode would have hobbled its capabilities.

minelab-equinox-revised-quick-guide-jan-2018.jpg

• Like 5

The more I read, the more it seems like Minelab keeps refining its mastery of making multiple VLF frequencies behave like pulse signals. The more I hear that Multi-IQ performs equal to or better than single frequency modes in any application or medium, my brain tells me the only way this could be possible is if those frequencies were being fired sequentially, and indeed Minelab themselves now just stated that we could debate "simultaneous" vs. "sequential." 

• Like 1

I think that's awesome they got the multi mode to work on the prospecting mode.  I had questioned that in the past, and low and behold they did it!   That alone actually has me pretty excited, if they did a 20kHz/40khz simultaneous multi-frequency mode (which is somewhat implied) it is probably killer at the beach, killer for relic hunting, and I would expect, and believe we've actually seen proven on another thread,  killer for nugget hunters too :biggrin:  

By far the best Equinox Treasure Talk article yet!  I think now we know why Steve was being tight lipped on the prospecting mode, although I believe he did allude to it going through some "further testing" phase :wink:

Also nice to see they pulled back the curtain a bit on how the various modes are setup, and kudos to ML for multiple setups in each mode :happy:

• Like 2

It seems we are learning more all the time. I am curious if there will still be a true all metal mode. Apparently, the testers found that Field Mode did better on nuggets than the single frequency gold mode. Also interesting to see that the "submodes" have now been identified within the getting started guide.

I take it both Beach Modes are still multifrequency only (i.e., no ability to select single frequency in beach mode unlike the other modes).  Not that I would want to but...nice to have options.

Aussie/UK spelling of "Artefacts" on the quick guide a nice touch.

Nice for Steve and the rest "in the know" not to have to hold that one [secret] in any longer.

Just think if they had already printed the manual.  They couldn't make these changes!  The contents of the box would not conform to the manual and this would set themselves up for 'bait and switch' returns and replacements.

Will we be able to use Park 1 instead of Gold 2?  Beach 2 instead of Gold 1??  :rolleyes:

I'll let you know when I get mine.

Mitchel

• Like 2