New Detector From Nokta / Makro - The Makro Racer

The new Makro Racer will have the same performance -if not better in some circumstances - as the FORS delivered in a more elegant, and lighter design. 

It will come in a standard and a pro pack like the FORS but we are not including the large coil in the pro pack this time because most people prefer the medium and the small ones and we also want the pro pack to be at an affordable price point for most users. The large coil will be sold seperately. We will also have an optional bluetooth headphones available for the unit. This is all for now... please do not ask for more info because I am not supposed to be giving all this information but I cannot hold off on answering you guys when I see the posts :-)

• Like 1

What is a Hybrid VLF? Same as a VLF/PI?

Quote from Nokta   "Our goal for the next few years is to dominate the detector sector with new products developed with unique technologies that will differentiate us and make us known not as a regular detector manufacturer but an exceptional company that exists with its technology. With the new products we are planning to launch between 2015-2017 (Pulse Induction detectors, new technology VLF and pulse imaging systems, hybrid VLF detectors, entry-level detectors, walk-thru security detectors, mine detectors etc.) and with your support, we wish to share the pride and happiness of achieving this goal all together."

These guys are really looking to shake things up!

If you do not mind, let me answer that question as we are closer to the finalization of the project and see the test results. FORS is doing great for us and we are close to launching the Makro Racer. I definitely do not want to start another thread for a product that is still at the R&D stage :-)

• Like 1

It pains me to agree with Goldbrick but if Nokta will get suggestions from the avid detector users prior to production and focus on performance and not doodaderie and gizmo-izm I think they could make a big name in detecting. I'm certainly not dedicated to any one brand. I just want to use the best that I can afford.

• Like 2

On December 26, 2014 at 0:48 AM, Nokta Detectors said:

The new Makro Racer will have the same performance -if not better in some circumstances - as the FORS delivered in a more elegant, and lighter design. 

It will come in a standard and a pro pack like the FORS but we are not including the large coil in the pro pack this time because most people prefer the medium and the small ones and we also want the pro pack to be at an affordable price point for most users. The large coil will be sold seperately. We will also have an optional bluetooth headphones available for the unit. This is all for now... please do not ask for more info because I am not supposed to be giving all this information but I cannot hold off on answering you guys when I see the posts :-)

Hi Dilek,

I have a couple of suggestions, not sure if many other detectorists will agree with me, but I thought they might be worth posting.

About the Makro Racer Pro Pack,  price is of course a very important part of the purchase decision.  In my case, I have numerous backpacks and cases and do not need the cloth carrying case that came with the Fors Gold Pro Pack and a sturdy cardboard box would have been fine and I'm sure made a significant dent in the price.

Similar comment about the included headphones, most all of us have a favorite set of headphones and honestly don't need more of them. 

Same with the battery charger, I have about 6 of them already.

I think my approach would be geared more toward having less rather than more included with the Pro Pack in order to lower the price.  Again I don't know how many will agree. 

Bob

• Like 1

Hi all,

I am warming up real fast to this Notka/Makro thing.  Steve really got me primed when he came up with his beautiful gold specie.

"we also want the pro pack to be at an affordable price point for most users. The large coil will be sold seperately."

Now this is impressive, and has my ears really perking up!  Unheard of!  This is going into uncharted waters...  Like Steve said, people dealing in the selling of detectors, need to jump on a dealership for this fast emerging and growing company. 

I suspect by now, the leading gold detector manufacturers are sharpening their accounting pencils, to see if they will be willing/able to compete with new company.  In my view, they really HAVE to.   

I agree with the headphone thing.  I have a drawer full of extra this and that, which I have accumulated over time as well as pricey $pecial adapters made for earlier Minelab$ but that will fit present day detectors, but some say will not. I made a drawing when I found out how one would fit/work, so I wouldn't have to refigure out how I did it...  The dealers just want to $ell you the newest and latest stuff.  A person can't remember everything, you see, that is why books, paper, and pencils and now computers, were invented... :)  

White's picked up an old expired Minelab patent a long time ago, so long I don't recall too much of the specifics, but I guess they sat on it so long that they kind of missed out on making a really good p.I. machine for a lot of years.  Not saying what they have is not good, but it is a bit dated in comparison to the competition, same with Garrett.  As Steve indicated, Garrett also missed out, putting great technology in a heavy detector.  That is EXACTLY why I went to the SDC 2300, along with a boatload of other people.   I already had a GPX 5000, so this little (but a bit heavy) 2300 is a real blessing...

Enough of this drivel...You guys have a nice day!

Gary/Largo

Great post Gary, I obviously agree. Just to keep the record straight though the White's TDI came straight from Eric Foster and the original TDI is basically nothing more than a Goldscan 5 is a White's box. No Minelab patent's involved. http://goldplacer.com/goldprospectors/eric-fosters-goldscan-5/ You are right - it is an old design and Carl Moreland while still at White's stated there really was nowehere left to go with it.

White's did actually obtain a license from Minelab to develop the Beachhunter ID and then DFX so you may have been thinking of that.

• Like 1

Guess the info was out all the way back on December 16 if I had been paying better attention http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/497-nokta-announcement-makro-acquisition/

"In addition, we developed a new Makro branded coin & relic detector called ‘’RACER’’ and a gold detector ‘’Gold RACER’’ which will enter the market very aggressively with its performance, design and price very soon!"

In the case of the FORS CoRe and FORS Gold the two models are nearly the same with the same price. The Gold simply lacks the additional COG mode that is included on the CoRe. This is intended for salt water beach use as it extends the ground balance range into salt. It could also be useful on salt flats gold prospecting and since both are the same price, I now recommend the CoRe to everyone.

Hopefully the Gold Racer is more than a feature limited version of the Racer, unless it sells for less, in which case that would be acceptable. Unless the Gold model really has some compelling feature for prospecting the standard model is lacking chances are I would prefer whichever unit has the most features. I coin and jewelry detect in addition to gold nugget detecting. I guess we will know when full product details are released.

I have no idea if anyone else agrees with this but...

Most of my detecting I have been biased toward the smaller and larger coils Almost always one must buy the stock coil and then buy the small and large coils also. I would love the option of choosing which coil I get with the detector and then choose another if the deal is a package...or as I see the need.

I am not in marketing so I have no idea of the economies involved-just one of my druthers.

happy new year to all

fred