Gold Monster On The Beach

Mop

Just wondering on peoples thoughts on how the GM would go on the beach, I am looking at buying one to use for hunting nuggets and cleaning up patches, but I go to the coast several times a year so it would be nice to still have a swing while on holidays.

I have seen some commentary about them being okay at finding gold chains etc and I know I will dig a lot of junk, just after thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

I do use my GM here in Hawaii on the beach to find gold.  I did buy the GM just for hunting for gold jewelry here on the dry sand.  Having in the past lived in California and I did hunt for gold nuggets.  I knew that  I would be digging a lot tin foil, tiny pieces of different metals.  But if you do put in the time and dig enough targets.  You will find gold jewelry.  Granted some of it will be very tiny pieces broke off a larger gold item.  No fine gold chains yet but that just means to me that I have been over one yet.  

• Like 6

Thanks guys for the feedback.

Sounds like my kids will be digging a lot of holes :wink: I cant get them out nugget hunting but mention the beach and they are all in!

Cheers

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/20/2018 at 11:28 PM, Buzzard said:

I tried the GM in some tot lots and it hit on every little bitty piece of foil there.....way to sensitive in my opinion.

Unfortunately if you want to find little bits and pieces of gold jewelry (broken chains,charms and earrings) in dirt and woodchips you’re gonna have to dig all that tiny foil too.  That’s the unfortunate paradox of urban prospecting!!!

In the water it’s a different story as the “motion of the ocean” helps to stratify the targets and generally washes off the lighter foil. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...