Mono Coil Versus DD Depth Difference

WesH

On 23/01/2018 at 5:54 AM, Jonathan Porter said:

On 23/01/2018 at 5:54 AM, Jonathan Porter said:

The key to getting max depth is to pass the receive winding exactly over the center of a deep target so the coils receive points are evenly exposed to the targets field, in the case of a mono loop the whole coil is the receive with the apparent response seeming to come from the center of the coil whereas a DD manifests its response along the line of the cross over points of the windings, but once again the very center is the max signal spot for a deep target. The key is to move the coils receiver evenly and smoothly through the field of a target trying to create a good lead in signal response but more importantly transition smoothly out of the tail of the target signal so the response is recognizable from ground noise etc, generally a deep target well be quite broad relative to coil sweep.

Hope this helps

JP

So to ensure we are getting 100% forwards ground coverage with a ROUND  DD, would it be fair to say you would need to move forward by a third of a coil diameter (sweeping over a target 3 times in the forward movement) or could you move forward by half or even three quarters of the diameter?

Chrisco, all I can say at this stage is that there are people working on an 'unfair advantage'. I have my fingers crossed. Hopefully I may be 'first cab off the rank'.

8 hours ago, Chrisco said:

So to ensure we are getting 100% forwards ground coverage with a ROUND  DD, would it be fair to say you would need to move forward by a third of a coil diameter (sweeping over a target 3 times in the forward movement) or could you move forward by half or even three quarters of the diameter?

Overlap depends on time and place. If I am on a patch looking for the last missed nugget at depth I may advance the coil an inch at a time and hit it from four directions. If I have 100 miles of open terrain to cover I may not overlap at all. A fifty percent overlap works for me a lot of the time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
39 minutes ago, phrunt said:

How is this unfair advantage coil coming along Reg? To me it seems the Russians beat them to it with their X-coils :laugh:

Id say the unfair advantage would be a 40t excavator. But it could be a ground loop system or one of those Bulgarian concentric coils. Whatever it is ill probably be late to the party. Just bought the zed after 4 years of it being released. And I may be late to the party again if one can believe what's posted on another forum.  Id say it was just a joke, but then again it could be someone that has insider information who has chosen to spill the beans as an anonymous poster.

Part of what was said. "the new Minelab Vanquish will be Minelab's best ever prospecting detector. It will have depth capabilities up to 50% better than the GPZ 7000. And a retail price of $12,995 here in Oz. It will render all current gold detectors obsolete"

Im sure JP said about 6 months ago there was no replacement for the zed coming up anytime soon.

On 5/9/2019 at 3:46 PM, Jin said:

.............Part of what was said. "the new Minelab Vanquish will be Minelab's best ever prospecting detector. It will have depth capabilities up to 50% better than the GPZ 7000. And a retail price of $12,995 here in Oz. It will render all current gold detectors obsolete"

Im sure JP said about 6 months ago there was no replacement for the zed coming up anytime soon.

The internet can be a treasure trove of manipulative tripe packaged as gospel truths, readers should be aware and not buy into the constant flow of effluent spilling out of the mouths/keyboards of mischief makers with way too much time on their hands.

JP

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hope that mischief makers comment wasn't directed at me, (it kind of rings a bell) as I don't have too much time on my hands at all. Just report on what is happening for me out in the field in the weekends in regards to these X coils. It is hard not to notice the increase in my gold take numbers since using them. Not so much there size but just the number of individual pieces, from old flogged ground using these coils. Just has to be something in that one would have to think. I take no notice of any preconceived hype & rants on what may be "rumoured" to be coming out in the far/near future. That is just time wasting IMHO. Show me the real deal, when it is physical.

Good luck out there

JW ?

You need to lighten up, not everything is about NZ and the marketing of X coils. I included a quote with my post, you should try reading it and looking beyond yourself for a moment!

JP