Minelab SDC 2300 Bungee Attachment

~LARGO~

Hi all,

I am curious just how you guys that use a bungee on the new Minelab SDC 2300 have rigged your bungee,for your own use.

I know you knuckle draggers:) will say "it isn't heavy to me, so I don't need to use one", but you may not spend as many hours in the field as some of us. Even a Gold Bug II will get heavy over a long swing time, day in and day out...

So, if you have one, let's see what how you did it. It doesn't need to be complicated nor expensive.

I made one for my SDC, I can leave it on, even when it is folded up, is made of 4 items. A piece of parachute cord, a parachute cord clamp you can buy wherever that cord is found, and either a rectangular or triangular piece of plastic to run your cord through, as well as to hook your bungee to, all of which can be found at the same location stated above. A short piece of flexible plastic gas line, left over from some motorcycle repairs completes the unit. I used the plastic gas line to minimize wear on the carbon fiber lower shaft, but your method could be a whole lot more imaginative.post-327-0-78531500-1419713818_thumb.jpgpost-327-0-95769500-1419713883_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Gary/Largo

• Like 1

I use the Minelab one, just wrap the loop around the handle under the Quick-Trak button and then hook the other end up to your back pack, works a treat.

JP

Pic of my son Timothy using the Bungee with a Hipstick.

post-9-0-98972200-1419810900_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I use the Velcro wrap around with hook that comes with the Pro-Swing. Problem is I want to leave it on several detectors instead of switching out all the time. Let me post a good picture of it so we can figure out how to make them. I will see if they can be purchased separately from Minelab also.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Jonathan, I like your idea!  Now I need to find my Minelab bungee! 

While you guys are about it, I need to have you think about mounting a swing arm, that can be installed quickly and without a tool of any kind.  A swing arm combined with the Hip Stick, is a serious detectorist's salvation, in my view.  There is little or no load on your detector arm, more or less a pushing motion with each arm, making your swing time and ability to continue searching day in and day out, much more comfortably, and much less painful... 

At some point, there could be an attachment point, a "d"ring, for the bungee, located near the balance point, possibly even secured on the fabric detector cover, that is quite popular right now.  I may have one put on my SDC 2300 cover, when I decide what the closest balance might be for my needs.  But that is down the road a bit right now, with my upcoming distractions.

I believe that Minelab did not include a bungee, as well as a means to attach one, simply because the new detector was touted as more or less "lightweight", and to include such devices, would be an admission that it is not a real lightweight machine, but that is my view...

Have a great and golden "New Year"!

Gary/Largo

It is all relative Gary. Garrett was nice enough to make my ATX weigh 6.9 lbs, so now when I grab my 5.7 lb SDC it feels light!

I suspect if you poll people most do not use a harness or bungee with the SDC. I know Chris and I do not. That is not to say it is not a good idea. I am one of those guys that thinks for $3750 you should get the harness, headphone adapter, and the carry bag. And a hat!

• Like 2

Hi Steve,

Just throwing out ideas for us "old" guys, to help us manage our frailties!

I will have to look at the Velcro wrap around that comes with the Pro-Swing you mentioned above.

It all boils down to choices and abilities!

Thanks again for all your comments you make daily. 

Gary/Largo

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am going to try this out once I get back up to AK. I don't know if the bungee is going to be strong enough. I plan on girth hitching a piece of nylong webbing with a d ring attached to connect it to the detector.

I like the bungee that AMDS had that snapped the shaft and adjusted quickly,so I hope that this is like that one