Minelab SDC 2300 Bungee Attachment

~LARGO~

Here is the velcro mounted hook that comes with the Minelab Pro-Swing 45 harness. Best thing I have seen yet, holds bungee end securely yet very easy to slip bungee off detector when you need to. I would like to get more so will be checking with Minelab. I want to leave on various detectors instead of switching it around all the time. One less thing to forget that way. The alternative is make something like it. The strap is 8" x 2" but the key would be making the buckle/hook. It looks like a custom Minelab part, part number 8004-0017.

post-1-0-92183500-1422217089_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-67786300-1422217090_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Here is the velcro mounted hook that comes with the Minelab Pro-Swing 45 harness. Best thing I have seen yet. I would like to get more so will be checking with Minelab. I want to leave on various detectors instead of switching it around all the time. One less thing to forget that way. The alternative is make something like it. The strap is 8" x 2" but the key would be making the buckle/hook.

Any decent outdoor/mountaineering store will have a raft of lightweight buckles/clips/hooks etc. Also velcro and webbing straps are very cheap to buy. Going the DIY route seems like a good idea, Steve.

Hi Steve,

That Velcro and hook idea you shared with us, stayed with me last night a bit, as have most of my nagging solutions to construction concerns have over the years.

I am looking towards a hook and buckle arrangement made with a sturdy plastic as well, although not molded as the one you show, but very similar in construction.  The saying, function dictates design, resonates with me... I will share a photo here, when I finally get one done...  Don't hold your breath, I do have some other irons in the fire right now.

Gary/Largo

Steve,

Hey, how do you like the Pro Swing 45? Does it work as advertised! I'm out 4 to 5 days a week with a GPX or SDC and I've yet to find a comfy rig without feeling it in my shoulder by the end of the day. Haven't found that much to read about its reviews either.

Thanks in Advance,

Rick

Hi Rick,

The Pro-Swing 45 is an excellent harness and a good investment for anyone who has issues with detector weight. It will work with any model detector. That said, it is not that different than what comes with a GPX 5000 with the addition of a support strut so you really are already familiar with what it is like. The Pro-Swing is improved but not all that different except that it does borrow the Hip Stick concept of transferring the weight from shoulder to hip via a strut integrated into the design. I am glad I got one since I sold my GPX harness with my GPX. The Pro-Swing works great with my ATX. The battery pouch on the back intended for a GPX battery is removable.

Manufacturers website http://www.minelab.com/usa/products/consumer/accessories-1/harness-1/pro-swing-45

post-1-0-12342700-1422374584_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-93736500-1422374584_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-08648700-1422374583_thumb.jpg

Steve ,

Will the strut work on either side of the harness? Can it be flipped and used on the other shoulder?

Or is it designed to go across your body while you are swinging with your right hand?

I usually hook my TN rig up with the bungee hooked to the right shoulder of my harness from Home Depot.

Thanks in advance,

paul