Vaquero Bests Deus And Explorer Se Pro

At least on this day.  

While I anxiously await the release of the Equinox and probably even more painfully, my position on the pre-order list... I am continuing to enjoy my Vaq Black.  

I, and a hunting partner, decided to cover a sports field next to an early 40's elementary school a week ago.  I armed myself with my SE Pro, and he with his Deus... and we overlapped each others paths more than one time in the grass outfield of an old ballfield.  After a couple hours of hunting, a handful of clad and one wheat in my pocket, I made my way back to the car, and grabbed the Vaquero. 

I am certain I covered the same ground we had both walked over in the hours before, but I was getting solid hits in the coin area and pocketing some more clad, including 2 pocket spills that included a quarter and a nickel among the coins.... which is interesting in itself (I believe the combination of low and high conductors changed the id, and one or both of us passed on the targets...).  

I then came across a solid tone, and uncovered some beautiful silver.  :)  I know that one silver quarter is slim pickin's compared to some of the other finds posted across the forums... but for me.. it was a pretty amazing find.  Within 10 minutes, I snagged the silver ring as well.  A good day for the Vaq Black :)

20180113_141154-1195x2124.thumb.jpg.f07bbae00f7332fba36d8c88d9ba9ddf.jpg

20180113_112705-1195x2124.jpg

• Like 3

I don't think you have any reason to apologize for your finds, particularly silver!  How deep were those?  Even though it's warmed up (temporarily) here in the Midwest the ground is still too frozen and soggy for easy detecting.  I'm envious.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I don't think you have any reason to apologize for your finds, particularly silver!  How deep were those?  Even though it's warmed up (temporarily) here in the Midwest the ground is still too frozen and soggy for easy detecting.  I'm envious.

Thanks GB, hopefully your ground thaws soon!  

The quarter was about 5" down.  The ring was 3 or 4".   I had the Vaquero set with a thresh at about 1:00, sens at about 10, ground balance a bit negative, and the disc at 3:00.... targeting coins since I had already been across the area with the Explorer.  Both were SOLID hits. :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Vaquero is a great little detector - you just proved it!

Tesoro Vaquero Thread

tesoro-vaquero-black-metal-detector.jpg

I agree Steve!  Like many others have said... I will always have a Tesoro in my arsenal... and right now, that is the Vaquero!

• Like 1

Nice silver!   One ring could lead to another.  Might be a gold one hiding out there......

HH
MIke

• Like 1

Congrats nice finds.

I am not surprized, Tesoro have a habit of pulling things out where all others fail, Over here Tesoro have found more hammered coins than any other brand yet people want the latest and greatest, I have more respect for Tesoro over here than any other brand when it comes to finding hammered coins, XP is the only other one that comes close,

How does the Vaq compare to the Tejon ?

J.

• Like 2

Thanks J.  :) 

I haven't tried the Tejon.  Maybe Steve or someone else can weigh in on that.  I have wondered how the Tejon and/or Mojave compare to the Vaquero as well.  

8 hours ago, Mike Hillis said:

Nice silver!   One ring could lead to another.  Might be a gold one hiding out there......

HH
MIke

Thanks Mike...  I will definitely be back out there, and maybe a bit of gold will pop up :)