Seems We Could Use A Contest

Skate

The story of when the Equinox is coming to a home near you (or mine) is likely only rivaled by the ongoing saga of where's the 5 months of texts the FBI lost, DACA or OCRAPPA(what happened when I lost my glasses). I've read now that the issue is going to be the length of time it takes for the container ships to go from Malaysia, the software, drop shipping, and the port of entry (will they be shipped to the US directly or indirectly like Malaysia to Australia to the US.)

So I thought why not have a little contest to see who can correctly predict when the first folks will be getting their Nox's in the US. 

My prediction is Friday February 16th at 3pm EST. The first YT video will be out at 3:30 that day showing someone unboxing the Equinox(why does anyone think that people want to watch them open their mail is beyond me). I will be taking the day off from school so I can stalk the postman. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Going to be hard to know when the first person really gets their hands on one. 

Maybe we could put a date and time on when Ridge Runner gets his hands on one - we will all know 8.3 seconds after this happens  :laugh:   

• Like 1

Ha Ha I agree it'll be hard to know exactly but I thought it might help pass the time away while we wait. I think its amazing how involved and in depth folks are going on when it'll arrive. I've learned more about shipping containers and cost, the size of UPS and FEDEX airplanes than i ever thought possible. No matter what it seems it's still on a slow boat from China. 

• Haha 1

Keep in mind most of those posts are using numbers pulled out of thin air. I am in retail and have had products shipped from many countries. Sometimes slow boat and sometimes air freight. I never thought air freight prices were horrible but it depends on the product. Weight, size, and value. Large companies get much better deals on shipping. Based on the nonsense numbers people are throwing around nothing would ever ship by air. I know its shocking but sometimes people on the internet don't know what they are talking about. LOL. 

Feb 7

• Like 1

Tuesday 6th of Feb at 0900 hrs.

Ridge Runner will get his on Friday the 9th of Feb - whenever his postie gets around to delivering it :biggrin:   (1322 hrs just for accuracy sake).  

I Ridge Runner will give to the winner a hand metal detector sold by Harbor Freight. It comes with a case and is great for checking overhead beams or walls,

You need to pick the day and time I receive my Equinox in the mail. Important you post the time in case two pick the same day.

I’m out of town right now but will post a picture later.

To Skate and Northeast I know you two will want to know this . I will ship free to anywhere in the U S. 

Thanks and I wish I could make all of you a winner.

Chuck

PS If we have a runner up as in same day wrong time .They will get a gram scale and it too is sold by HF. I have one and it works great.

If we do have a winner out of the country and the cost is not too great I will mail it. I’ve done it before.

This what it looks like.

68254EB1-AE41-43DA-8269-9188422D83D8.jpeg

• Like 3

Ridge Runner will get his very own Equinox on Friday, Feb 16th at 3 pm.  I won't know about it until a week later because I will get mine on Thursday, Feb 15th.  :laugh:

• Like 1

maybe we could all chip in and help poor Minelab ship them via air freight, lol

the 'last minute' firmware changes might have botched things up is my guess but glad they happened.

For Canada I'm guessing I get mine (will drive to my dealer locally) on March 1st cause we're Canada

and we get everything late, costing much more or simply not at all, lol