New First Texas Pi Under Development - Fisher Impulse AQ

On 4/1/2018 at 6:25 PM, LowTide said:

QED in an Otterbox.  But there are some added costs....you'll have to join an Ozzy forum where body armor is required for survival. :laugh:

Ha, ha, I am done trying to modify detectors to make them into something the manufacturers should be doing themselves! My Garrett ATX tear down and rebuild was a direct poke at Garrett trying to get them to do a lightweight  “Garrett LTX”. It was kind of fun but took way too long (my fault) and so I am sticking with factory made from here on out.

I actually tried to get a QED early on but nobody was interested in selling me one so I gave that up.

• Like 1

took this from a fb post Tim Mallory The M.D. Hunter story is bunk. We are working on a CZ. We are working on a PI and we are working on the world's best VLF. We are actively working on all of these. I'm in meetings every week on all of these. We have 2 pro brands so logic dictates that we come out with these represented by 2 brands. Most of these detectors (if not all) will have wireless capabilities and be waterproof... or at the very least weatherproof. We are hoping to get some of these detectors launched this year...

• Like 5

Very exciting. I look forward to hopefully going back to First Texas for my best gear. For now, I'm having a lot of fun with my V3i and getting better daily with my Equinox, but I had a feeling in the back of my mind that my time with the Nox may be short lived when I bought it. I have no doubt FT has the talent to make the best products. 

• Like 4

But when might be the question.  New developments can take years to engineer and test.

• Like 2

My hopes just dropped a notch that this machine would be a machine for both beach and prospecting uses. According to Rick on this Dankowski thread:

"Pulse delay and SAT are fully variable - the accept/reject is likewise so - it is a form of GB, but optimized for the beach - not a GB to cope with goldfield minerals."

To which I responded:

"If this baby can't ground balance then it better get tested in Hawaii. I did ok with the Surf PI in Hawaii but the problem always was false signals bouncing over the bottom or going over basalt cobbles due to the inability to ground balance. A waterproof TDI was my desire from day one, but never happened. The Infinium worked but had issues of its own with false signals in saltwater. The ATX fixed that and is operationally the best PI I have used in Hawaii for ignoring both the saltwater and the intense mineralization. The ATX ergonomics however are the worst ever. 

7us and no ground balance except for a limited range to enable ferrous id sounds like the machine may love those Hawaii hot rocks. The pulse delay being variable may help if the range is wide enough but of course low delay times to ignore the hot rocks will send small gold capability out the door also. 

Still, I sold my ATX in anticipation of this detector and am cautiously optimistic. The market is still wide open for a waterproof PI that performs better than a TDI SL but with ergonomics better than an ATX. Two pretty low bars in my opinion."

• Like 2

• The title was changed to New First Texas PI Under Development