GM 1000 Question

Jesse

I am really interested in the GM and I had a few questions. 1st how does it do on bedrock?That's primarily where I'd use it. 2nd I'm going to post a picture of some gold I found sniping. I really want to use a metal detector at this location. There's definitely gold there. Do you think this gold is big enough for the GM to see? And 3rd I have access to a old hydraulic mine do you think it would do ok there? My last detector was a mxt and I never did find gold with it. I'm located in Oregon

20180125_172133.jpg

• Like 1

Jesse,

the GM 1000 with the 5” round coil is an excellent bedrock sniper. As for the size of nugget it will detect, see my post here:

Seven of these smaller ones were found with the GM1000 but not on bedrock.  The four larger ones were with the GPZ7000 - all found in the same general area within days of each other.

The GM was using the 5” round Disk - and small gold is definitely it’s specialty.  The area had been pounded to death for years, but these smaller fellas seemed to escape prior capture.  So yes, the GM should see it if it’s there, and if it’s deeper (or shallow), so will the ZED.

You’ll love the GM, swing low and swing slow.

F81BCE5A-A7BF-4313-A99B-8E0FAA810504.jpeg

• Like 5

I own and have used both the GM1000 and the MXT, and will tell you that the GM1000 is much more sensitive to smaller gold. That said, all the gold in your photo should be something that your MXT could have heard if the gold were shallow enough. There are various factors as to why you might not hear the gold with either detector. Some possible problems (but not a full listing of every possible issue). 1. The gold is down deep in crevices, too deep to be heard with a detector - small gold is detectable at shallow depths and you will not see this size of gold at the bottom of a 6 inch crevice; 2. You are not listening close enough to the sounds your detector makes and are ignoring signals - small nuggets do not boom out like a coin or other big target; 3. The bedrock is highly mineralized and is making a racket on your detector - you may need to turn down the gain to hear the nuggets over the noise.

• Like 2

The gold monster is perfect for hunting bedrock. All the gold in my attached photo was found on bedrock. All but the two larger ones were found in a hydraulic mine and were in the bedrock. Most all these tiny pieces were found on average of 6 inches down in the bedrock. Some were under the middle of two slabs of bedrock and one was completely encased in a slab of bedrock 6 inches down. It is very good at this type of gold hunting. The other two were found in bedrock also but along Libby creek. One was in the middle of the creek.

1107171200~2.jpg

20170820_183425.jpg

20170820_080640.jpg

• Like 6

On 26/01/2018 at 1:08 PM, Jesse said:

I am really interested in the GM and I had a few questions. 1st how does it do on bedrock?That's primarily where I'd use it. 2nd I'm going to post a picture of some gold I found sniping. I really want to use a metal detector at this location. There's definitely gold there. Do you think this gold is big enough for the GM to see? And 3rd I have access to a old hydraulic mine do you think it would do ok there? My last detector was a mxt and I never did find gold with it. I'm located in Oregon

20180125_172133.jpg

Hi Jesse

There’s a great Facebook group  “”Gold Monster 1000l””.

its definitely worth a look there’s a few guys that go out everyday and are killing it with this detector and post daily!.

But the best bit is if you ever need any help or advice these guys in particular will point you in the right direction and if they can’t help you out it’s most probably not worth knowing.

Good luck

• Like 2