New Makro Multi Kruzer Field Test

Dang it, I wish I would have read this before now, since I have to winning bid on your Impact Cal_Cobra! :smile:

8 hours ago, Jackpine said:

I ran the Racer 2 strictly in DI2, but could not get past the effect the blendy bleedy tones had on my hearing after 15 or 20 minutes of use hunting around old homestead field sites due to the small iron and rusty nails.  TMI that confused rather than helped only slowing me down due to constant resweeping.  I will have to wait for more reports on the audio before I can make the Makro leap again.

Tom

I wouldn't view the blendy bleedy tones as a negative, it's just another clue that you can use when detecting.    I'll give you an example, I was out again Sunday testing the Multi Kruzer.  One of the spots I went to for a couple of hours I previously found two wheaties and two silver mercury dimes, this is a spot that's been pounded to death, but in 4-TONE the silver sound was unmistakable.  So yesterday, I got a couple of those aluminum 40 OZ beer caps, and they sounded OK, but come in around 72.  I dug the first one, and got the same signal a while later and was able to predict it was the same thing.  Then I got the same sound I got on the two silver dimes I previously dug there, just a pure audio tone that jumps out, with an 82 TID.  I was detecting with my buddy and he had his Racer 2.  The silver sound was so distinct, that I almost called him over to have a listen with his R2 and say that I was confident that it was going to be a silver dime, but then I decided against it in case I was incorrect, but sure enough it was another mercury dime.   If you were park hunting, the pure tones are going to be coins, the raspy, thin, multi-tone signals are going to be something else, so you could cherry pick out coins no problem IMHO.  Now if I was at one of my old ghost town sites, I could apply the same logic, but then you might miss some cool relics.

• Like 3