Bought A " New To Me " Etrac

So there I was....standing in the Equinox 800 line with my money in my hand.... .when out of the blue a nice clean ETrac came up for sale for $600.   Quick to recognize a good deal when I see one, I quickly stepped out of the Equinox 800 line and bought the Etrac.    I feel like a bandit as its a very nice unit and I'm very pleased with it.    Looking forward to sharing a few Etrac posts this year as I get to the chance to use it.  

HH

Mike 

• Like 2

Mike

If you’re happy with the buy you made then nothing else need to be said. Do respond back when you have more time in the field with it.

Chuck

I used to do nothing but coin shoot for the oldies and that etrac, once you get it figured, is a coin shootin sob!  Heavy but well worth the trade off with all the info it gives you won't waste a lot of valuable TIME digging trash!  Don't overthink it....keep it simple for starters then as you become comfy with it then play with the different settings, etc.  jmo

• Like 1

Man, that is a smoking deal! As was already stated, there is a bit of a learning curve but once you are over the hump you will love it. I had mine out this past weekend at a public site with the 8x6" SEF and hit a hand full of clad and a 43 Merc Dime which is pretty rare here in AZ. Great buy! Have fun!

Dean

Thanks Bado1.

I had it out yesterday digging dimes.   I do have one question.   When detecting I get one set of FE-CO numbers, and when pinpointing I often got a different set of FE-CO numbers.   The number with the major difference was the FE number. 

A dime would give me a 12-44.   Pinpoint would often give me a 29-45.   A big jump in the FE number.   Should I care about the Pinpoint FE-CO numbers?

Thanks

Mike