Target ID For US Coins??

This is what I have been waiting for in my 2 bar low 80's (magnetite) soil.  Oversize coils can help a bit but very frequently stock and even smaller coils are the way to go for accurate ID at depth.

Real odd on those war nickel Steve.  Got kind of the same situation here in Fl with parks..... oldest only date back to the 1930s.   It will be interesting when some of the older coins are thrown into the mix..... like 2 cent pieces and fatty IHs.. and the seated stuff.   Ill mostly be concentrating on gold.... so that 13 digits could be interesting just how tight it is.   I have days i dont even dig the coins, but currently can clearly tell what they are with the CTX.   A lot will also depend on the tones in that digit range i suspect as well...... using 50 or 5 tones.

On 28.01.2018 at 11:18 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Alexander, at this extreme late date in the process I do not expect to see any major changes or addition to Equinox functionality but your suggestion may go in the hat for the next generation of Multi-IQ products.

Steve,  What do you think? Is there any chance that the developers will fix the identification of beer bottle caps (audible voice, for example, or more accurate, VDI, with the help of some algorithm ) in the beach (in new firmware version of the Equinox)?

PS: I saw a dual-frequency detector (prototype) in which it is implemented. I can copy here the link to the video (if it is not prohibited by the rules of the forum and if asked to do so)

6 hours ago, Alexander Piskunov said:

Steve,  What do you think? Is there any chance that the developers will fix the identification of beer bottle caps (audible voice, for example, or more accurate, VDI, with the help of some algorithm ) in the beach (in new firmware version of the Equinox)?

PS: I saw a dual-frequency detector (prototype) in which it is implemented. I can copy here the link to the video (if it is not prohibited by the rules of the forum and if asked to do so)

Alexander

You seem to be very concerned with bottle caps. I don't know about the equinox. But I know for a fact that the CTX and Etrac ID bottle caps very well. It is VERY rare to dig a bottle cap with either of those. Either of those might suit your needs. 

• Like 3

Hi Alexander,

If you want to post about another detector then do so at the Metal Detector Advice & Comparisons

Equinox is ready to ship and it is what it is. I am not having any particular issues with bottle caps but like any detector I will dig a few. CTX and E-TRAC probably have an edge in that regard.  Equinox is a much higher gain, sparkier detector and that probably works against it compared to the CTX and E-Trac.

All I can say is that if anyone is all worried about bottle caps then wait a few months until people can report in from around the world. Only then will a consensus form as to whether or not this is an issue. It's not for me but it may be for others. It just depends on the items you are after and what kind of bottle caps you have around.

Minelab E-trac, CTX 3030, Excalibur Versus Equinox

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So I'm at the beach here in Oregon and I can kinda give you some of my fees back if it helps guys.

Scratchy 10- bottle caps

13 solid is a Nickel

16 - pull tabs

19-23 -penny so far 

18 - beaver tail

Seaside is relatively quiet except the fire pits x.x

I was using the xterra 705 before this 800 and I have to say.. it goes alot deeper and alot less false signals.. Almost like the detector isn't on at all, I've had to make sure the detector is on sometimes lol

Beach mode 1

1 hour ago, Mitchel said:

So I'm at the beach here in Oregon and I can kinda give you some of my fees back if it helps guys.

Scratchy 10- bottle caps

13 solid is a Nickel

16 - pull tabs

19-23 -penny so far 

18 - beaver tail

Seaside is relatively quiet except the fire pits x.x

I was using the xterra 705 before this 800 and I have to say.. it goes alot deeper and alot less false signals.. Almost like the detector isn't on at all, I've had to make sure the detector is on sometimes lol

Gold mode 1

Mitchell, gold mode 1  on the beach?, I'm interested in your thoughts on this.

Tim