New Equinox Beach Report From Hawaii

Much more information provided in this video than other attempts.  A little too much slideshow for my taste, however any new information on the Equinox is welcome. I particularly liked the backpack storage scene. I think the equinox is going to be a perfect detector for my style of hunting.

• Like 1

The price on my slightly-used 800 just went to $2499.99.  That backpack/assembly thing is exactly what I do when I go beach detecting on my bike.  I feel like a kid the week before Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Is that a METAL clink i hear?   Are the Shafts aluminum?  Now come on....... they used a CTX connector for the cable and not the phones?  LOL...... a penny first target 24 imagine that.   I appreciate the video...... targets are what that are.  Once this thing is out....... i believe we will see its not just a coin machine..... it will pick up gold.... smaller gold than the CTX/Xcal.

5 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Is that a METAL clink i hear?   Are the Shafts aluminum?  Now come on....... they used a CTX connector for the cable and not the phones?  LOL...... a penny first target 24 imagine that.   I appreciate the video...... targets are what that are.  Once this thing is out....... i believe we will see its not just a coin machine..... it will pick up gold.... smaller gold than the CTX/Xcal.

That was fairly painful to watch. Aluminum will work great in Salt Water. I did catch the part where they had to turn sensitivity down......my beach has more black sand than the one they were on. 

In all fairness midalake.... they were using full sensitivity, pretty uncommon, but i think the point was its pretty harsh hunting there but the machine handled it even in full sensitivity.    Im not a fan of aluminum...... it blisters way to fast on the inside and locks up those shafts much faster than CF.   Also, the coil on a sensitive machine can have a halo of over 24" reading that aluminum...... you dont notice it because it moves with you.... but can cause blind spots in a coil...... much like when we used SS bolts at the coil.  

• Like 1

Interesting video that adds more info for us to digest.  I like the packability and quick assembly.  Still looking for some in-the-saltwater video, but that probably won't be possible until the elusive waterproof headphones become available.  One question - what material is the lower shaft (coil end) made from?  Sounded like all sections are aluminum in the video.

Oops, Dew already asked about the shaft.  Sorry.

I am pretty sure we won't have to wait long for after market carbon fiber shafts. I would be interested in a one piece carbon fiber upper shaft for local sites.  Use the stock aluminum 2 piece shaft for travel.  There is a one piece carbon fiber upper available for the gold monster on eBay.  Steve, are the outer and inner diameters of the gold monster upper shaft the same as the equinox?

• Like 2