Metal Detecting Near Yuma

Hello Steve, or other fellow detectorist. I’m going to be in Yuma at the end of February and the first week of March and wondering if it’s worth bringing a dectector with me. Parents go on day trips would like to add a piece of AZ gold to my collection 

Yes there is gold to be found in Yuma but myself and several others are already here getting it.:biggrin::wink:. AUminerAK , you can find gold all around Yuma and north of Yuma up around Quartzsite.

• Like 1

Thanks for responding. Are the people detecting near Yuma members of one of the clubs there to have access to better ground or can you just go out in the desert and detect without getting shot or thrown in jail..any information would be appreciated. Here’s a picture of some Crow Creek gold proof Steve left some for other people to find. 

7DB7337F-9244-4FD9-B726-F958058523C5.jpeg

• Like 6

On 1/30/2018 at 1:17 PM, fredmason said:

SWPA has claims on the California side...there is bureau of reclamation land on the other side.

Much of the area is Military...

why not send Condor a P.M. and ask him directly. 

fred

SPMA Fred was trying to say ...

• Like 1

I'm not the Yuma expert, but I know for a fact there is gold to be found, I just returned and the 1/2 day we hunted, I think a dozen nuggets were taken by 3 of us.  So YES you should take the gold detector.  I only hunted 1/2 a day at 1 site so I'm sure the other washes had nuggets too, as I seen dry wash piles in them.  Let us know how you did when you get back and good luck. 

PS.  Be sure and take a pair of non metal knee pads, I forgot mine.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...