Is It A Ship Deck Spike?

Today i went to meet one of my mate on the river found 50 of those i didn't know when to stop  :)

RR

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

Today i went to meet one of my mate on the river found 50 of those i didn't know when to stop  :)

RR

Wow, probably need a pretty big pouch and they must be heavy, wouldn't want to hunt to near the waters edge with a few kilos of old bronze spikes tied to my belt?. 

Rat that must have been a blast hunting in an old site like that, I'm envious... lucky river rat??

I don't use the emote buttons that much, never used the thumbs up ever... had to stop and pick the color skin I wanted, hmmm if I pick the wrong one is that a problem, or have some message I'm not aware of? Must be important because there was a third button checking to be sure it was my correct choice. OF COURSE NOT, I wanted the color GOLD! Great job rat on finding all the cool stuff.

Long story short i went to meet a mate on the river because he was the only one i knew with a tesoro coil available to test my silver sabre 2(faulty).......so i dressed up for larking but no machine or gloves ........and i crossed the city on the motorbike it was cold and the jacket was just enough once i reached Rotherhithe,i spotted my mate jumped over the fences and went down the foreshore by the ladder.........i thought i found a MG42 as it really looked like the remains of that machine gun but it say it was a piece of machinery if i was on a WW2 battlefield i will have been over the moon......anyway i put them in the back pocket of my levis and the ride home was funny

My sat nav wasn't working so i had to use my phone and keep my hand without glove........so kind of torture in the name of mudlarking....................

RR

• 1 year later...
On 11/9/2019 at 7:02 PM, RichardL said:

Watching Season7 Of Oak Island? I say the last spike they're calling a stonemason's tool is actually a rope splicing tool.

Care to give us some concrete evidence to back up your contention?

On 1/29/2018 at 11:19 PM, ~LARGO~ said:

There have been offshore salvors working on at least one wreck near the city of Samana, Dominican Republic,  as I understand.  I am not sure how long ago it has been however, not to say that all the remnants of ship have been found.  It is not at all likely that all of the old sunken ship parts and pieces have been found as of this date.