And Yet Two More Saltwater Videos

Guest Tnsharpshooter

19 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Geez how many test units are out there?  Get's a little annoying seeing all these rando folks running around with their machines without a peep from Minelab lately.

That is one of the 3 UK testers . He is Neil Jones (Slow and Low) . 

• Like 2

What does he look like LOL . 

As for the video , i know feel that without doubt it will work on salt beaches . As for comparing it to other machines ? Compare the price of a CTX / ET to the Equinox and then think what if Minelab have made a machine that matches the earlier machines , if so we are in for a fantastic time when we get the machines. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nuke em said:

That is one of the 3 UK testers . He is Neil Jones (Slow and Low) . 

I was being facetious.  Thanks for the info on Mr. Slomo (Slow and Low).  At this point, I think some people are getting a little salty seeing people swing the machine while they have to sit on their hands waiting and commenting on how they could do it better, whether it is scoop technique, appropriate beach attire, ground balancing, blocking wind noise, or ensuring all batteries are properly topped off.  So the reactions to the videos kinda go one of two ways.  Either you are getting really excited about Equinox's imminent release or you are getting frustrated watching instead of swinging.  In my case, I am excited about getting frustrated.

• Like 3

It's about poking fun really at ourselves or myself. Over on FM they have people threatening to leave Minelab (as if you could) and buy other machines. My wife is always making fun of me because when we walk together my eyes are on the ground and she's looking up enjoying the scenery. My daughter says my garrett pouch is just my desire to bring back my fanny pack from the 80's. I was detecting at a nursery last Friday and one of the workers called his boss and said a stranger is out in the fields checking for radiation. Another thought I was looking for oil. I guess I should be upset because I'm a detectorist right?

I showed a friend of mine who doesn't detect the video to get his response and he said he looked like a guy in hazmat suit. You, we, I don't have to take offense to everything we see or hear. 

By the way I'm super excited it's getting to be the end of January but not because of the Equinox. I'm excited because we public school teachers get paid only once a month for 10 months out of the year and january is a freaking long month and I'm addicted to groceries as is my lovely wife. 

• Like 3

Test looks good to me.. not sure why people want to be so hypercritical, it looks like a hunt any of us do.  Machine seems to be working well, and the hunter is sticking it out in MISERABLE conditions.   Machine sounds incredibly solid, but I'd like to see it at a beach infested with iron flakes.

I purchased the 600 only to replace my AT Pro for hunting dry sand and land.  Sometimes I show up with my AT Pro expecting to hunt the dry, and the beach has a nice cut and the tide is lower than predicted, and I'm stuck with my AT pro which is terrible in wet sand.  This machine, if it works as shown, will be a godsend to my detecting.  I'm not sure if it will replace my CZ21 for water hunting, but if it does I'll be in heaven... hunting dry, wet, or land with one light machine is a dream come true for me because the CZ-21 is a tank... like swinging a barbell... but it works.  If not, fine, if I can hunt dry and and still do ok in the wet sand, that justifies my purchase.

• Like 2