been thinking about purchasing a dry washer and seen the whippet dry washer on another site was curious if anyone has any experience with the Whippet Drywasher 

looks like it would be a pretty light little unit

thanks for any and all input on it

Well let me try a different way have also been looking at the Thompson 12 volt model and the Keene which would people suggest

here is the link to the Whippet http://www.whippetengineering.com

I like everything about the Whippet except the price - $1395 for a 15 lb unit. Odd they have none on hand, apparently built to order. Looks like a nice little but I have seen the little Keene mini drywasher in action and it worked great, and for far less money. And you know you will always be able to get parts.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I like everything about the Whippet except the price - $1395 for a 15 lb unit. Odd they have none on hand, apparently built to order. Looks like a nice little but I have seen the little Keene mini drywasher in action and it worked great, and for far less money. And you know you will always be able to get parts.

Thank you for replying Mr H the the price of the Whippet is whats holding me up on it so I am now trying to decide between the Thompson or the Keene

My problem is the area I want to use one you almost have to be a mountain goat to get there and the weight of the Whippet with the battery is what was appealing to me I also do not like the fact its a 4-6 month wait for delivery of the Whippet

the Keene I think is heavier than the Thompson but I have read nothing but good on both so far am looking at the 12 volt models

again thank you for your reply

22 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

When it comes to weight I guess with the Whippet it is a case of paying for what you are not getting. Still, $250 deposit and wait for months? You basically are just hiring somebody to make you a drywasher.

I agree

am just going to narrow it down between the Thompson or the Keene just can not justify the triple amount price for the whippet over the other two

Not sure if you made your decision yet, but I had a Keene 12 volt "puffer" dry washer.  It worked good, but it is heavy and setting it up is somewhat awkward.  If you are going to be packing your drywasher for any distance I would get the Thompson.  I have read many good reviews of the Thompson.   

• Like 1

Well I decided this is what I am going to get rather than a drywasher

they are pretty reasonably priced and I think it would work good in the area I will be using it and the type of materials I will be running made by gold fox USA

web site is goldfoxusa.com

look at the lil monster

• Like 1