Maybe Today Is The Day

jjm861

Yes guys I have this bridge for sale. The only question I have is do you want it with pigeons or without ?

Chuck

PS maybe it’s best not to believe all you read.

16 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

In the words of the late, great Mel Fischer "Today's the day!"

Here's how things seem to be going with the EQ shipping from what I gather:

Another forum posted that ML said at the U.S. ML Dealers meeting this month that the EQ would be delayed.

Strictly looking at the shipping logistics to the U.S., I have doubts anyone in the U.S. will receive a production unit until March, perhaps even April depending on the delay.  If they ship via container shipment from Malaysia to the U.S. that's a good month or so, then they need to be processed through customs (unknown time delay), then shipped to the distributor. Will the distributor ship to the dealer to reship to the end customer?  Or will they drop ship it to the end customer on behalf of the dealer and save a bit of time? 

Hopefully ML will surprise us and everyone will have their pre-orders in hand sooner :wink:

A worst of the worst case scenario, and one that I reject. If the shipping were to take that long, Minelab  surely would have said something more like:                     production units will be shipping by late January, and those with preorders can expect to receive theirs from late February onward......

I think they know better. 

At this point only Minelab knows.... hopefully they share an update, transparency goes a long way in this day and age.

It doesn't really matter to me I have plenty of detectors, but a lot of dealers are posting that their detector sales have been halted since Detectival, that's brutal.

Minelab's Facebook response to a question posted on jan 24th concerning release.

Minelab Metal Detectors
Minelab Metal Detectors Hi ***. We will have more information in the coming days! As stated in the product notice, the EQUINOX is scheduled to be available starting in late January/Early February. Fortunately, production has been well underway throughout January! Please note, December was never announced as the release date.
6d

Sorry to report it didn't happen here today in Perth Western Australia, its now 6.45pm Wed 31st January 2018 and not a "beep" out of Minelab. Hopefully its still January in your part of the world and therefor Minelab still have time to come to the party.

It would be nice if Minelab made a comment regarding current status of the launch.

For me ...... its more about what will the tester be able to say after the release date is set.   Some have some very interesting videos and information i bet to share.   Steve needs to get his typing fingers ready .... i suspect hes going to get bombarded with questions until we get one in hand....... after that, everyone will be headed out to post their results.  May it will be like Christmas........ with no notice, you will get that unexpected dealer phone call...... hay i have your new EQ... will that be cash or charge?  That would really generate a lot of posts lol.

24 minutes ago, dewcon4414 said:

For me ...... its more about what will the tester be able to say after the release date is set.   Some have some very interesting videos and information i bet to share.   Steve needs to get his typing fingers ready .... i suspect hes going to get bombarded with questions until we get one in hand....... after that, everyone will be headed out to post their results.  May it will be like Christmas........ with no notice, you will get that unexpected dealer phone call...... hay i have your new EQ... will that be cash or charge?  That would really generate a lot of posts lol.

I hope the other testers do step forward with more of their thoughts on the Equinox.  Poor ole Steve's fingers must be getting wore out by now . LOL

I have a gut feeling that ML is on track and that the initial shipments are being prepared.  No slow boats either, container ships are for washers and dryers not electronics where air freight is cost effective.

• Like 1

Just seen this on  JP's facebook page only 4 hours ago note the part saying only weeks away is this a clue of how long to go before the Equinox relese?

Stepping out of the goldfields to try his hand at a different kind of treasure hunting, along with good prospecting mate Paul (who's also an expert beach detectorist), JP took his field Equinox 800 for a spin around local areas and turned up a few surprises...find out more in his forum post below.

With the new Equinox 600 and 800 models just weeks away, secure your place on the list to grab one of these amazingly versatile little examples of Minelab detecting wizardry!