Maybe Today Is The Day

jjm861

Whatever ...

ML Never committed to a firm date. They (smartly) gave a generalized idea of when it would happen. Everyone, me included, is on edge and eager to have it in their own hands and read the multitudes of reviews that are going to come flooding in once the detector is officially released. To be pissy and have an attitude about their distribution process is self imposed. They haven't broken ANY deadline, messed up any shipping schedule; all they did was generate enough interest to drive people to the point of insanity about the Equinox's release. This effectively drives some people's anxiety through the roof and they pop off about it. I think it would be in the best interest to most to take a step back, inhale deeply, and appreciate life knowing that its coming soon.

On a side note, the most recent Hawaii beach detecting video was done with a production unit and production release software, not a tester. So know that things are in fact, finalized. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jhuntph said:

Minelab's Facebook response to a question posted on jan 24th concerning release.

Minelab Metal Detectors
Minelab Metal Detectors Hi ***. We will have more information in the coming days! As stated in the product notice, the EQUINOX is scheduled to be available starting in late January/Early February. Fortunately, production has been well underway throughout January! Please note, December was never announced as the release date.
6d

Nice that they posted that BUT that was a week ago.  I guess "coming days" is a somewhat undefined term, but days would imply less than a week no?

@DestinEngineer Not sure if your comment " To be pissy and have an attitude about their distribution process is self imposed. They haven't broken ANY deadline, messed up any shipping schedule; all they did was generate enough interest to drive people to the point of insanity about the Equinox's release. This effectively drives some people's anxiety through the roof and they pop off about it. " was directed at me, but for the record, wasn't being pissy at all, just trying to extrapolate a timeline in the absence of transparency from ML.   Although I'm as eager as anyone else to see what the EQ can do at my own sites, I have plenty of detectors that, although deemed obsolete, still seem to work pretty well to tide me over until this Unicorn materializes  :huh:

My obsolete machines live to fight another day  :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Nice that they posted that BUT that was a week ago.  I guess "coming days" is a somewhat undefined term, but days would imply less than a week no?

@DestinEngineer Not sure if your comment " To be pissy and have an attitude about their distribution process is self imposed. They haven't broken ANY deadline, messed up any shipping schedule; all they did was generate enough interest to drive people to the point of insanity about the Equinox's release. This effectively drives some people's anxiety through the roof and they pop off about it. " was directed at me, but for the record, wasn't being pissy at all, just trying to extrapolate a timeline in the absence of transparency from ML.   Although I'm as eager as anyone else to see what the EQ can do at my own sites, I have plenty of detectors that, although deemed obsolete, still seem to work pretty well to tide me over until this Unicorn materializes  :huh:

My obsolete machines live to fight another day  :rolleyes:

Not directed to you at all. I've just been seeing complaining all over the place. Especially on the Facebook group I'm in. They never said it would be in anyone's hands Jan 31st. People are assuming that and bitching because it didn't happen.

3 hours ago, DestinEngineer said:

...They never said it would be in anyone's hands Jan 31st. People are assuming that and bitching because it didn't happen.

Agreed.

This is what ML posted on their site:

Minelab is pleased to announce that the new EQUINOX Series of detectors is expected to be available for purchase worldwide from late January, 2018 onwards*.

*Initial availability will be limited in all regions due to the very high pre-release demand. Please contact your local dealer for specific price and availability information. We will be doing our best to get detectors into the hands of our valued customers as soon as we possibly can.

Definitely a bit of ambiguity / wiggle room in their wording as it doesn't per se indicate whether the "available for purchase worldwide" necessarily means it would be in your hands or in dealer stock.

I suspect, if you read between the lines, that it means it would start shipping end of Jan 2018, and by "shipping" I suspect from the manufacturing plant to the distributors, not necessarily to dealer or end users.  It's anyone's guess whether they'll go slow boat or air, as air transportation obviously has a premium attached to it.  Perhaps they're doing both so that the pre-orders can be fulfilled, and slow boat additional inventory to seed stock as they see fit to build their pipeline. 

One way or another, everyone will receive theirs in due time :smile:

Our UK Minelab Distributor "Crawfords" has published the following information on his website.

--------------------------------------------------------

Crawfords Metal Detectors
6 hours ago

As UK distributor for Minelab, we are pleased to announce that Minelab will be making announcement re the release of the Minelab Equinox on their website on Friday 2nd February at 10.am (Aus time - 11.30pm Thursday night GMT).

• Like 1

In breaking news, Minelab has surreptitiously let it be known through dealers that they will be announcing an announcement about announcing a special announcement sometime in the near future about the past announcements.  Please stayed tuned for announcements announcing future past announcements.

Someone else mentioned something about the announcement being on Groundhog Day, but instead of the 6 weeks more winter wait time analogy, I keep thinking of the movie and that we will have to figure out how to keep reliving Groundhog Day until we get it right, enabling the UPS guy to eventually show up and deliver the Equinox but then Chris Elliott pops out during unboxing and you throw up and have to do it all over again.

Am I the only one having that nightmare?

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1