Compadre On Basalt(?) Rocks

TabZilla, I watched all your videos about the mods you did, I especially like the waterproofing idea! Luckily I work somewhere where there are many many engineers and I have already talked to a couple about helping add the ground balance and sensitivity potentiometers. I just wish I could find a detailed how to with parts used and solder points and all that info. I'm sure these guys could figure it out easily but I like to be thorough and know exactly what needs to be done.

Steve, I hate reading someones problem and then at the end it says "Ok I fixed it" with no explanation. That defeats the purpose, I think, of having an informational forum. Anyway I've been out a couple of times with it and this thing is a coin shooters dream! I had it on max disc and was swinging pretty fast on a little slope at a park and every single repeatable, full tone hit I got was a coin! The obly thing now that I can't seem to get to work is the double beep next to metal posts. I think that might have something to do with the sensitivity and that I turned it up pretty high but I'll explore that more if and when I do the mods. Otherwise this thing is absolutely amazing and it was a steal!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DukeBoxer said:

TabZilla, I watched all your videos about the mods you did, I especially like the waterproofing idea! Luckily I work somewhere where there are many many engineers and I have already talked to a couple about helping add the ground balance and sensitivity potentiometers. I just wish I could find a detailed how to with parts used and solder points and all that info. I'm sure these guys could figure it out easily but I like to be thorough and know exactly what needs to be done.

Steve, I hate reading someones problem and then at the end it says "Ok I fixed it" with no explanation. That defeats the purpose, I think, of having an informational forum. Anyway I've been out a couple of times with it and this thing is a coin shooters dream! I had it on max disc and was swinging pretty fast on a little slope at a park and every single repeatable, full tone hit I got was a coin! The obly thing now that I can't seem to get to work is the double beep next to metal

As far as the sensitivity and GB mods, a little google searching and combing through forum threads and you'll find enough info to get it done. 

As for the double beep next to playground/fence posts. All metal / minimum disc works the best.  Just take a dime and a small piece of jewelry with you to the park or metal fence post at home and test it out.  It is all about the sweep speed. 

I was trying with a dime and not getting it to do the double beep but I may have been a little above iron. I'll check again with lower disc. Yesterday I dug everything that beeped in the playground and rolled the disc up and back down to try and guess what was under the coil. Most of the time I was right about something being garbage or a good target by listening how the sound came back in after getting disc'ed out but one thing did catch me off guard. I dug a target that disc'ed out right above iron and came back in solid and I thought it was just a nail or something but when i dug it, it was a little junk earring. Everyone that has one says the same thing, it's amazing on the playgrounds and hits just as hard on the tiniest pieces of metal.