Minelab Ml 80 Wireless Headphones (with Phone And Music Interface)

12 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Despite this feature, still going to use the "sorry I was detecting and didn't hear the phone" excuse as I see fit.

Crap, I just got too excited and told Hubby about this. :blink:  I still have the "left my phone in my bike trunk because the waves were too rough and I didn't want to drown it" excuse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Spouses of detectorists here take note.  They have no excuses really now unless maybe water hunting or no cell service.  So shouldn't be late for dinner! Lol

On a serious note.  Great move here Minelab, as a detectorist can enjoy their equipment and still remain in touch for things like emergencies, etc from friends and family.

I assume there's no mic in the ML wireless headphones, so if you pair them to your smartphone via bluetooth, then you're just getting the incoming call announcement correct? 

I'll likely not use this for a couple of reasons, it's nice to have the "sorry I couldn't hear your call cause of the headphones" excuse to the wifey BUT more importantly, with BT enabled on the phone the battery discharges noticeably quicker.  

Now if the wireless headphones had a built-in mic, that would be very cool :rolleyes:  Actually I suppose you could use some BT gaming headphones with a built-in mic and that would work...just make sure they support aptX low latency.

So if you're listening to your 800 be-bopping down the beach and you get a call, the 800 tones will be muted and the call notification will come through.

But of you're listening to say, Coldplay or Imagine Dragons through your headphones, you won't hear any beeps from your 800 no matter what.

It would really be cool if you could listen to music until you get a signal from your 800.  Sometimes I walk a mile with nary a peep out of my Infinium.

I think it is neat that they tell you the anticipated latency with each type of wireless in the manual.  17ms with the WM08, 40ms with ML80, and 100ms with bluetooth.  What really got my attention is I can have 4 WM08 modules connected!  So for those that make videos they can have audio shared with the camera and keep headphones in.  For me I am thinking about buying a second so that I can do 1 on 1 instructional sessions.  How neat are the possibilities with this?!?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2