Can A Guy In 2018 Go To Yuma, Az And Find Gold With A Detector?

Gerry, it’s always a great time hunting gold with you guys; glad you were able to take a little golden souvenir back home with you. I’m liking the Yuma detector training idea.??

• Like 3

Yes I too like coming down to Yuma to hunt gold most areas are not very difficult to get to and when you do go off road for any distance  those roads  are not all that bad either.

• Like 3

• 10 months later...

Good stuff Gerry ?    I love the look of the country where you were detecting.     

Who won the day out of the high end detector and the 2300?  I would think it would be the 2300, but then again, Lunk is no slouch with a detector ?

• Like 3

"Lunk was swinging the best VLF detector under $1000"    And that would be...????????

Nice pics and hunt Gerry....weather looks VERY nice down there compared to the white/wet sloppy crap up north....

Just now realized old post?????

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

20 hours ago, phoenix said:

Who won the day out of the high end detector and the 2300?  I would think it would be the 2300, but then again, Lunk is no slouch with a detector ?

The 2300 won the day with the most nuggets found, and I was swinging the Minelab Gold Monster1000. It's a rare occasion when everyone finds gold. 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 12/19/2018 at 11:02 AM, OreElse said:

I'm looking for someone to detect with around Yuma. Anybody interested?

i just got  a metal detector would like team up with someone  to learn how to use it. Also would be nice to half someone to go detect with i have a ranger too so getting to locations wont be a problem.