Detector Mods

If you are looking at Link Technologies prices on mods remember that is in Australia dollars not US.  The best thing is to send a contact email to Peter Woodland, Woody, to get the cost in US dollars.  

I have had two detectors modified by him, an SD 2100 and a GP 3500 and I notice definite performance advantages in the quietness of the threshold, emi interference and the ability to find smaller gold.  I had used both of these detectors before having the mods done and am sold on his mods.  

A friend of mine had his GPX5000 modded by him and he claims almost the same results as the GPZ 7000 on small gold at depth.  You just have to use it and get to know the best setting to be in for a particular ground condition and gold type.  

Personally I can’t afford a 7000 so the cost to modify my 5000 would be worth it, which I plan on doing.

3 hours ago, Big Nuggets Bob said:

Anybody had modifications done to GPX 4500 by "Detector Mods"?

reviews appreciated, wondering if it's worth the $2200.00.

I think a forum user that goes by Shep has had his 4500 modified and he seems to love it.

The GPZ & SDC can see types of gold the 4500 & 5000 cannot detect. It would be interesting to know if your modified 4500 can see these types of gold. I read on Woody's site that the mod allows detection of this gold on the 4500/5000 by extending the frequency range.  I have gold pieces that scream on the GPZ & SDC but don't make a peep on my standard unmodified GPX-5000 no matter what timing or coil is used.

-Don