Auto Tracking - Why Only In Gold Mode?

orgone500

32 minutes ago, Jackpine said:

I have been under the impression that modern Ground tracking has a feature that inhibits it from tracking to  legitimate targets.   Dave J. said in the engineering report on the MXT that it has that feature.  Perhaps not all manufacturers follow that philosophy.

Tom

Steve H.'s experience backs up the legitimate target inhibit feature in the Equinox ground tracking and he discusses it here:

7 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Steve H.'s experience backs up the legitimate target inhibit feature in the Equinox ground tracking and he discusses it here:

Chase thanks for the link, I have been away all day and have not yet caught up with forum posts.  This forum is very active and in a good way:smile:.

Since I have the X-Terra 705 I'm well aware of the advantages and pitfalls that Steve points out when using GB tracking.   From what Steve confirmed  in his post and what I know of ML's expertise I have no doubt they have this covered.

Tom

Glad 

5 minutes ago, Jackpine said:

Chase thanks for the link, I have been away all day and have not yet caught up with forum posts.  This forum is very active and in a good way:smile:.

Since I have the X-Terra 705 I'm well aware of the advantages and pitfalls that Steve points out when using GB tracking.   From what Steve confirmed  in his post and what I know of ML's expertise I have no doubt they have this covered.

Tom

No problem, when you mentioned it,  I knew I read it somewhere but couldn't remember which thread (as you can see the thread title would not have led me there).  The forum's search feature worked like a charm and took me right to it.  Impressed by the forum software here overall, probably the best I have ever seen.

• Like 1

dew, those are just Factory Presets. If you want to use automatic tracking in beach mode you can. Here is a copy from another thread I posted:

Automatic ground tracking largely keys off ground mineral response. Many white sand beaches in particular have such low mineral content tracking can go astray. Even ground grab methods can fail in extreme low mineral ground and you may have to use default values. This is not unique to Equinox, and if there is one area I would use extreme caution with tracking it would be very low mineral and/or saltwater situations. The salt range and gold overlap and tracking could possibly track into salt more aggressively than intended, blocking gold signals. I don’t have enough experience with Equinox in salt environments to say this is a fact; I am just saying this is one area where I would be very cautious of ground tracking.